Spin Poker

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
razuberii
Forum Rookie

Re: Spin Poker

Post by razuberii »

Many bowlers tend to be gamblers as well. I guess it's all those late night pot games.

Pot Games?!?! lol I left thse behind in my "HIGH" School days!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Some of us just never grow old.

damule
VP Veteran

Post by damule »

The expert play strategies for spin poker are the same as single line and multi-line games with the same paytable.

shadow,

I have to disagree with you here. I know what the math says, but experience tells me in this game the paylines dictate play to be different. Also, keep in mind, there is only one deck of cards dealing and drawing to all 15 positions in this game. Experience in many hands playing this game has shown that this game plays more like a multi-payline slot machine with video poker strategy. But the multi-paylines definitely change the video poker strategies somewhat. The following are some oddities that my brother, who is a spin poker fanatic, and myself (not a spin poker fan) have surmised.

When playing deuces wild (excluding bonus games) where 4oak returns 4-1 and the FH returns 3-1 it is best to hold 1 pair as we all know, but which one? In normal deuces wild video poker it doesn't matter, but in spin poker it does. You hold the pair that may have one of it's cards in the middle or #3 position because more pay lines will cross the middle row, #3 position than any other position in the game. In fact, 5 of the 9 paylines (56%) in spin poker and 11 of the 20 paylines (55%) in spin poker deluxe cross the middle row #3 position. What this means is that you'll have a higher chance of drawing paying hands when covering this position with part of a pair vs holding a pair that does not cover this position.

Also, in deuces wild even when the 4oak and FH both pay 4-1, when dealt 2 pair, only hold one pair if one of the cards is in #3 position. If the 2 pairs encompass all positions except #3, hold the 2 pair.

In DDB and TDB, hold 1 paying pair if one of the pair's cards is in position #3 over 2 pair. For instance: 4 J J 4 7, hold the jacks only. With 4 J 7 4 J, hold the 2 pair. Besides covering more paylines by holding the paying pair with a card in #3 position over 2 pair, you also have 9 spots to land cards on the draw vs 3 spots in normal vp. Also add in the fact that those 9 spots are pulling from 1 deck of 47 remaining cards where 2 cards could fill quads on multiple paylines. When holding the 2 pair for the full house, you have 4 remaining cards in the deck drawing to 3 spots. Not sure of the math here, but I like having a paying pair (which returns 1-1 already) drawing to 9 spots for possible quads vs 2 pair (which also returns 1-1) drawing to only 3 spots for full house limitations. 

There are also other stratagies that we have explored, like not hold 4 to a straight draws in any deuces wild game, but the three examples I went into detail with are the most glaring that we've found at this point.

Also, shadow, if you know where there is some detail on spin poker strategies, I'd like to read up on it, because the wizard has very little info on this game so far.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

I have made some very serious money on Spin (I also have lost some very serious money on it). The position of the initial deal can make a difference in deciding what your holds are when you are presented with options. A pair on the far sides is of lesser value in DW than a pair in the middle, for instance.

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

Good points guys. While the actual strategy is essentially the same you need to take location into account. This is also true for games like DB+ where position is also important.

OGRE
Forum Newbie

Post by OGRE »

Spin Poker machines are very addictive!!!  you get started and can't seem to stop.  play at Isle of capri in Lake Charles la. and at L'Auberbe du lac in lake charles..Hit 5 royals at once on  a quarter spin ( $5000) at the isle..always seem to do good there...