multi game machines

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
shadowman
Video Poker Master

Re: multi game machines

Post by shadowman »

"Interesting. So how did you accomplish this feat? Did you open up the machine, remove the game chip, download the program from the EPROM, disassemble the program, decode the program logic and determine two copies of the program existed. All this and no one even noticed ..."

No, I took the simple route because it's not as difficult as you might think. I looked at the last hand displayed on 25c BP then I looked at the last hand displayed on $1 BP and then on $5. They were all different, whereas on most machines they are the same. When they're the same means the denominations all utilize the same program, and when they're not....take a guess.

Sorry Rob but that has nothing to do with how many programs exist. All it takes is a unique information area for each denom that the program selects when the denom is selected. I realize you have little understanding of computer programming so maybe this is what you meant by two programs.

The selected denom value I mentioned earlier would be in this information area as would other information to be saved over time. Total coin-in, total coin-out, etc. The last hand played could also be kept here. Only the data need exist multiple times. The program would be the same. The RNG would be the same, all the diagnostic programs would be the same as well.

Although I don't know the implementation chosen by IGT it is possible that each game itself is just another information area with a single master program that runs any of the available games. In computerese each information area is called an object and the technique is called object-oriented programming.

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

Hmmmmm!  Sounds complex.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Hmmmmm!  Sounds complex.

It is. Only the graphic representation is simple.