What is going on here?

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
oej719
Video Poker Master

Re: What is going on here?

Post by oej719 »

Actually I am probably about done here. I guess it is called burn out.

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

Well, the one really good thing that has come from all of this is that we now have been alerted about buying into Webman's emerging Pepperoni empire while it's still on the ground floor. Really, it's inside info like that that draws me to this site.

As for the interaction between Rob and Shadow: When two theorists disagree and get into a deep mathmatical or scientific discussion, there is usually plenty of intel to be gained by others who are listening and taking notes. In this case, because the discussion was circular and many of us apparently came into it years after it began elsewhere, there was very little to gain.

What was lost, from my point of view, was respect. I knew very little of Rob but from reading his columns over the years I had developed some respect for him as a writer. Once he entered into the on-going discussion here (if it can be termed "discussion") I realized that his columns, lacking any dialogue, disguised the  fact that he really isn't a very nice guy. Not to say that Fezzak or the others who taunt Rob are nice guys either. Leave it that I am glad most of us are amateurs --- the pro's that I know of certainly seem to have attitudes. Dancer, for all of his detractors, at least is a nice guy.

Shadow is a long-standing member of this forum and I have never had any reason to doubt his intentions or manners. I regret that he was drawn into the meaningless give and take with Rob.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Now that the dust appears to be settling from this little feud (let us all hope) things can get back to "normal," and I will tell you the next few months are going to make for some very exciting times here at videopoker.com.  I'll fill you in more on that as we get nearer to these new directions.
We realize this feud has been a bit taxing on everyone that frequents the forum, so rest assured that if it does not go away on its own in the next couple days, it will come to an end by other means. Thank you all for expressing your views on the matter in a responsible and mature way.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

All future discussions between Shadowman and babybubba should please take place here:
http://www.videopoker.com/forum/forum_topics.asp?FID=14

Feel free to start as many topics there as you would like to finally resolve these issues.  Thanks.