Malware infected

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Grannyjudy
Forum Rookie

Malware infected

Post by Grannyjudy »

My computer got infected with Malware and it cost me $100 to get it cleaned up.  The computer guy said that you can get it from gaming sites.  I thought this site would be secure and i don't go to any others.  But I did notice that another site had a pop up on yours this week.  The next day my computer was shut down.  Need some info on your security procedures because the computer repairman said do not go to gaming sites.

katypug
Forum Rookie

Post by katypug »

Same thing happened to me. Called PC Live Ware. , but  I didnt have the money to get mine cleaned, and I e-mailed them to the point I threatened them with calling the
Ohio Attorney Generals Office. They finally sent me an uninstall code which took it off my harddrive. Now I can get on the video poker website but as soon as I try and play a game their ad still pops up saying the site is infected. Waiting for webman to answer me

Grannyjudy
Forum Rookie

Post by Grannyjudy »

Hey Webman, I need to know if your site is safe.  See my note above.  If not, I guess I am out of here.  And I really enjoy playing here, but can't afford to get my laptop fixed again.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Don't know what you folks are experiencing but I don't even use any Virus protection. I use only the MS security firwall that came with this rig 5 years ago. I have never seen any pop ups  on this site.   
I'm going on my 3rd year on this site and have never had a problem.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Grannylady, according to another source here, webman is off for vacation for a couple days.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Not sure what kind of pop-ups you are seeing, but if they are telling you that you have viruses, trojans, etc, and then directs you to a site to buy a product to remove them, you may have a version of the "fake-alert" malware that has been going around. There are a lot of variations to it, and it's tough to eradicate. The bottom line, though, is that if you select the pop-up, and it wants you to buy something to clean your PC, you probably don't have all the viruses, trojans, etc it says. It makes up the warning message to look identical to the Microsoft warnings you may get, but they are all phoney. When I had it a while ago, the only way I could eradicate it was to restore my system to a back-up version that I had which was before the phoney messages started to appear. I never did find out where the malware came from, but I have been on this gaming site a lot since then, and have not had any other problems. Good luck...

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

I just noticed I missed this note as well. It sounds like this PC LiveWare program is incorrectly notifying people of a potential threat.Rest assured that the game applications themselves do NOT contain any spyware and are CLEAN to use on your system. The only data that is sent or received from the game application is your scoring information.No programs are installed and only the free Flash Player or Shockwave Player is required to play them. These programs also come from a reliable company, Adobe.

Grannyjudy
Forum Rookie

Post by Grannyjudy »

Thanks Webman.  Appreciate the info.

prseveranc
Forum Rookie

Post by prseveranc »