contest info

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
doris13
Video Poker Master

contest info

Post by doris13 »

question:since i choose not to belong to facebook i can not find out about upcoming contests ahead of time?how is that fair? 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Everyone will find out. Facebook is just a great way to get updates quickly since it's real time and the updates appear as soon as we announce things. If you get our email blasts or check the contest page, you'll find out as well.

rayj

Post by rayj »

Been playing here for a few years now and have never received an email notice of a contest coming up?

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

It's likely you opted out when you opened your account Ray. I  get mine all the time. I also check the facebook page periodically.

hulagaga
Forum Newbie

Post by hulagaga »

question:since i choose not to belong to facebook i can not find out about upcoming contests ahead of time?how is that fair? I agree!   As of this morning, the July contest dates are still not
shown on VideoPoker.com's contest page.  Nor anywhere else on the site I
can see.  I shouldn't have to join Facebook to "know" early!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Adding the site on facebook is just a neat way to get notified. You find out "first" because the message comes straight to you (assuming you use facebook), just like the emails come to your email inbox. There isn't any super secret information there that you are missing out on. It's just a tool for those who use it to get notified without having to check the page all the time.We do have a contest announcement coming up. It will be made via facebook, via email (for those who have subscribed here) and also in the contest area.The emails and facebook messages may be more informative since those communications are a good opportunity for us to share details. But you won't miss the contests if you are on the site regularly.Unless our big announcement is that there won't be any more contests (cue scary music).  That's probably not it. Stay tuned.

jokergal
Forum Rookie

Post by jokergal »

I get email notifications for every contest. Although I am on FB, I don't look there for notices. Always exciting to see what's coming up next!! Going to the website frequently helps too.

Anuenue
Forum Regular

Post by Anuenue »

I always get my email notification after the contest has started...so I check this website whenever I think a contest is coming rather than waiting for the email.