Slow Playing Games

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
artsytina
Forum Newbie

Slow Playing Games

Post by artsytina »

Can anyone tell me why on the new site some of the games are playing slower.. even in turbo mode?

ground control
Forum Rookie

Post by ground control »

Because the site is loaded down with ads. This game is about skill and timing. You have no control over timing on this site. Look at the low scores on today's game 9/21/11. That should tell you something. These games have been a waste of my time. Guess you need to be a brother in law in order to get good cards. I'm sure my IP address has been tagged......

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

If an ad is slowing down gameplay, please report it. You can also cycle the ads out if an ad is causing a problem by hitting the "refresh ads" link below the ad on the right side.As for low scores... the top scores today look about as high as always, assuming you're talking about the contest. But of course the average score will be much, much lower than the top scores (around 2900 for 100 hands of Ultimate X). If your average is much lower than that... well, hopefully your luck improves.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Because the site is loaded down with ads. This game is about skill and timing. You have no control over timing on this site. Look at the low scores on today's game 9/21/11. That should tell you something. These games have been a waste of my time. Guess you need to be a brother in law in order to get good cards. I'm sure my IP address has been tagged......

Could you explain what you mean by timing, and how having control over it would make a difference?

EDC1977
Video Poker Master

Post by EDC1977 »

One can make the most educated holds ever and still not be lucky enough to draw the desired cards necessary. I think its more luck on the draw or whats dealt you. Long term results not included.

mendon

Post by mendon »

I have been playing the contest tonight and the ad for toyota is really slowing things down to almost a stop.  I have used the refresh about every 5 hands.
the ad comes back and is ok for a while a starts slowing things down again,  can you help webman?