Not a game...still can't connect to chat

If you are having problems with a game on this Web site, post here.
Maddie04
Forum Newbie

Not a game...still can't connect to chat

Post by Maddie04 »

I had been talking to webman about this, but life got in the way a little bit. 
I can't connect to chat.  I tried adjusting settings in firewall, updated everything I could think of as far as flash, shockwave, java; as a last drastic resort I spent the last two days formatting my hard drive and redoing the whole computer. 

I thought sure I would be able to connect again.  Imagine my surprise when I got the familiar "can't connect to chat" again after all that!  Now I am wondering if it is really on my end or is it something on VP.com's end??? 

WM, can you help?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Since chat is working fine for almost everyone, it's not on the server end. It more likely involves your isp, browser security, antivirus software, or firewall settings still.Do you use satellite for your connection? That seems to be the most difficult connection type.

Maddie04
Forum Newbie

Post by Maddie04 »

Webman,

I finally have located the source of the problem and NEVER would I have thought of this one!  My DSL modem was going bad!  I only found out that it was going bad after my VOIP phone quit working as well.  Who would have known!  Certainly not me!

Thanks for trying to help me though. 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

So you're working now? That's great!

Maddie04
Forum Newbie

Post by Maddie04 »

Yep, got it working now.  Never thought the modem could pull a stunt like that.  So it's lesson learned.  Check my modem first before anything else.