double double bonus

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
nyflush
Forum Newbie

double double bonus

Post by nyflush »

On a $10 ddb machine i was dealt KQJ92 of hearts
Do you go for the royal or the straight flush?

Thanks in advance

macman
Forum Newbie

Post by macman »

hold the flush. go for it with 4 to royal

nyflush
Forum Newbie

Post by nyflush »

Thanks for your input
I went for the straight flush the 10 came up was happy with the 2500 but ya never know been kinda kickin myself ever since feel like a blew the royal

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Well you got one of your cards for the royal but still not great odds for the last one to come up and you would have missed out on the 2500.  I say you played this one well in hindsight.  That is a very tough choice though.  Turned out wonderful, good job!! I think macman is right saying go for the royal on 4 cards not three when you have such a better chance to the straight flush in this case.  If you didn't have that 9 of hearts easy decision to go for the royal. Although even another heart you would give up a flush for the cahnce.

nyflush
Forum Newbie

Post by nyflush »

Thanks hope to get over it before my next ac trip

CARNAK
Forum Newbie

Post by CARNAK »

Correct play would be to hold the flush you were given. You will lose in the long run if you draw to an inside straight flush.

barrychatman
Forum Newbie

Post by barrychatman »

i recently hit the royal the game was teasing me with 3 to the royal then it dealtpair jacks one spade one heart i held the heart and bamm it gave the other 4 just about every time i have or seen the royal its been hearts or diamonds  oh by the way i was playing ddbonus

gerrywm10
Forum Newbie

Post by gerrywm10 »

Go for the royal. After all, what are you playing for? that why its called gambling.
Good Luck

Mr. Aces
Forum Rookie

Post by Mr. Aces »

NYFlush - I would have done the same thing you did.  Nice play!