January 2nd contest glitches

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Webman
Video Poker Master

January 2nd contest glitches

Post by Webman »

Our apologies for the problems with today's contest. Due to technical problems (joker poker opening with the standard deck, game freezes) we are awarding everyone 3 additional entries today. Everything should be back on track for tomorrow's contest.We are temporarily removing Joker for further testing.Happy 2012!

marlo

Post by marlo »

As always ... you're the best ..

Thank you

sinnh_old
Forum Rookie

Post by sinnh_old »

Thanks Webman. 

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

NO JOKER?     THERE ARE SOME HERE THAT ARE FRIGHTENED BY THE JOKER I GUESS.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The joker was out late partying on New Year's and still needs some time to recover.

kenocat
Forum Rookie

Post by kenocat »

Also, I was not given the opportunity to enter the contest even after there were scores posted.  The contest said it was supposed to start at 9:00 Pacific time and there were already scores posted before 11:00 Central time.  If I'm not mistaken Miinnesota is 2 hours behind the pacific time zone, which means there shouldn't have been scores posted already, right? 

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

The contest was briefly paused while we implemented the changes. It originally began at 6am as usual, then had a restart time of 9am.

kenocat
Forum Rookie

Post by kenocat »

I thought the start time was different.  thanks.  Looking forwards to the tournament of champions!

morganferret
Forum Newbie

Post by morganferret »

you may have awarded extra games but I didn't get back on after playing 8 and I was one that got bit playing JP.  How can this happen ?  Who controls the games ???

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Unfortunately, a glitch was introduced in Joker when an update was made to the games. We occasionally have to update the games for a number of reasons, including ever-changing flash player versions, and this was not caught prior to the contest. It has been resolved for future contests featuring this game and we apologize for the inconvenience.