feb. monthly contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
mjterry
Forum Rookie

feb. monthly contest

Post by mjterry »

this is leap year, will feb. contest go 23 - 28, or 23 - 29 ?

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Hey, good idea. Leap year. I'll change it to the 29th. Thanks!

Buffilita

Post by Buffilita »

I love the new Ult. 4oak bonus game for the contest, but it's very discouraging that the board has stayed relatively the same for days.  That seems unusual compared to past contests.  We have had the same leader since the 2nd day of the contest.  Also unusual and discouraging.

Oh well, whining session over.  Just wanted to put my thoughts out there.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Yes, the leader has been there since the 2nd day of the contest. That doesn't happen too often (though the contest isn't over yet, of course). If daily contests run 8 days or so on average, then assuming equal play throughout the contest, we'd expect the winning score to happen on the 2nd day 1/8 times. Same with each other day.I agree that it makes it a little less fun, but that's just how it works sometimes.Other factors are that play does drop off a little as the contest goes on (no doubt people discouraged by those high scores) and of course the first day is only a half day. So the 1/8 isn't a perfect figure but a good starting point in assessing the flavor of the whine. Cleanse your palette and keep trying.

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

If Buff is whining this contest must be bad.

Mello777
Forum Rookie

Post by Mello777 »

thinking most players are discouraged with this contest, reporting very poor scores, and very few 4 Oak's. Maybe in the future having a second Joker added into the bonus rounds.  I like to play this game outside of the contest setting.