Pop up warning

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Pop up warning

Post by TsuDoNihm »

When I landed on the initial contest page yesterday, (not the sign in page, but the page where you select what game to play), I had a warning pop up, (probably AVG, but I can't remember for certain), that said there was a "Exploit Facebook Scam" and stating a URL for RewardCabana.com. I didn't think much of it since I was unlikely to click on a link on the page, and closed the box. It wasn't until I opened Chrome again this morning that I noticed that something had actually opened a new tab with a rewardcabana URL.

While I supposed it is possible I mistakenly clicked a link on the page, I only had Chrome open for a minute and about all I did was take a look at the current high score, and then quickly closed Chrome until I opened it again today.

This may be nothing, but I figured you might want to know about it anyway.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

It sounds like you may have spyware on your computer. I would run a scan with your antivirus/malware software, or download one for free.

TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Post by TsuDoNihm »

It is possible, but I run AVG nightly, ran Malwarebytes yesterday and Ad-Aware this morning yet it happened again today. So I did a little digging to see what I could figure out about it.

The "alert" is from AVG, apparently from their "link scanner", and the alert pops up when this page is opened:

http://rewardcabana.com/content/yt/oos_ ... udio=&js=1

I opened it again with Chrome to be sure, (I only use Chrome when I'm at Videopoker.com), then I tried it with FF and both times I got the same warning.

A google search on "rewardcabana" has only results from AVG, so they apparently think it is a "threat", and block it, but I couldn't find any other references to it.

So now I know where the alert was coming from, but that still leaves open the question of how a tab with that URL has opened twice in my Chrome browser without my clicking on it. Its possible that its a chrome issue but I didn't find any conclusive evidence online that this might be the case.

I've seen a similar thing, (At the LVA a few years ago), where an ad was running a script that allowed it to open a page, (I can't remember if it was a pop-up, tab, or new browser window), without anyone clicking on it, and thought that the same thing might be happening here.

And that's why I brought it up, just so you know that there might be something going on. It isn't that large of a threat, and doesn't really bother me, but I figured if there was a possibility that something out of the ordinary was going on you'd want to know about it.