Survey popping up over game

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Survey popping up over game

Post by TsuDoNihm »

A couple of times in the past few days I've had a "survey", (today's question: "Do you plan on purchasing Levi Jeans at JCPenny?"), pop up right over the cards on the lower left hand side of the contest window. It just seemed somewhat odd being right over the contest and all, and since in the past I've seen sneaky ads go through that the site owner wasn't aware of I thought I'd mention it. But if you are aware of it then never mind.

It was from:
http://www.vizu.com

I read the privacy policy, and while there is an "opt out" button to opt out of their tracking when I pressed the button it rotated, but never said I had actually opted out.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Thank you, there should NEVER be a pop-up ad that comes up during gameplay or a contest round. We will try to have this advertiser removed.

mymaggie
Forum Rookie

Post by mymaggie »

A survey just popped up over my contest game. It was asking about sleep aids, Lunesta, Ambien, etc. This has happened a few times to me.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Was it at the start of the contest, or in the middle of the game?

mymaggie
Forum Rookie

Post by mymaggie »

In the middle of the game. It comes up over the cards and stays for about 5 seconds or so.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Next time you see this, please note which ads are above and to the right of the game. Then click "refresh ads" below the right-side ad and let me know if the survey goes away. We haven't been able to locate which advertiser is causing the problem yet.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Alright, I think we isolated the It should be gone now and that advertiser is toast. Please let us know if you see it again!

mymaggie
Forum Rookie

Post by mymaggie »

Thank you!

TsuDoNihm
Forum Regular

Post by TsuDoNihm »

Thank you, there should NEVER be a pop-up ad that comes up during gameplay or a contest round. We will try to have this advertiser removed.

I've been playing the contests since before they were daily and I don't recall ever getting an ad that opened a new window, (a small window, so I guess its a pop-up or probably a pop-under), in the past but I've been getting them daily for the past 4-5 days.   Most of the time it seemed to be either on the contest main page or the sign in page, and I didn't know if those were "approved" so I just closed them. Today I signed in earlier, (and got an ad), played a few rounds and closed Chrome. Since I was already signed in when I opened Chrome again a few minutes ago it took me straight to the contest page. The very first thing I did was click on "contest leaders" and when I did a new window popped up with an ad for:
http://media.fastclick.net/w/pc.cgi?mid ... &sid=43020

If things have changed and ads are going to pop up on these pages its no big deal to me, but since you said in October this wasn't supposed to happen I thought I'd mention it.