vegas during a big convention

Discuss all things Las Vegas. Hotels, restaurants, good deals, airfares, cabbies, conventions, shows, etc.
mschaching
Forum Regular

vegas during a big convention

Post by mschaching »

Planning Feb. trip to Vegas and the only dates that work for all in our group would be over Valentines Day or the following week when the Magic Convention (est. 80,000) attendees.. Which would be better week?  We would be staying at Main Street Station and Suncoast. Any thoughts??? 

rascal
VP Veteran

Post by rascal »

For the past 10-15 years, traffic has only been bad in Vegas from January 1 through December 31, so try to come some other time than that.

BobDancer
Video Poker Master

Post by BobDancer »

If gambling at video poker is a priority, Valentine's Day itself is likely to have bigger multipliers. To my mind, this trumps traffic considerations.On the other hand, there may well be members of your group that think that Valentine's Day should be spent romantically rather than chasing royal flushes. This could result in even LESS gambling time on this weekend even though the opportunities are better. It took me many years to train Shirley to celebrate holidays on non-normal days so we could take advantage of the gambling opportunities on the holidays themselves. Many others have found their families untrainable on this issue. Bob    

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Although I live in FLA, I visit Vegas frequently. I have found that there is ALWAYS some kind of convention or gathering going on. In my opinion, the town can handle most gatherings in stride. Some occasions, like New Years Eve and Super Bowl, fill up the strip properties considerably.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

It took me many years to train Shirley to celebrate holidays on non-normal days so we could take advantage of the gambling opportunities on the holidays themselves. Many others have found their families untrainable on this issue.

Untrainable families.

You are funny.