Southland Gaming/Class II V.P. ?

Where do you like to go? Who has good promos? Start a topic for your local area.
pokeherguy

Re: Southland Gaming/Class II V.P. ?

Post by pokeherguy »

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

The game has a rather complex strategy for perfect play. However, like all high variance games it can be be very lucrative if you're hitting the quads. I developed a strategy for the game because it was not supported by any of the software packages. This is when I determined the payback. The game is not new but never seemed to catch on. I saw a version of the game in Laughlin that had progressives for all the bonus hands. However, I believe they had shorted the FH and Flush so it wasn't even close to a game I'd play.

If you want my strategy let me know and I'll post it or PM it to you.

pokeherguy

Post by pokeherguy »

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

I sent you a PM with the strategy for the 9-7 version of the game.

royal flush
Video Poker Master

Post by royal flush »

it is good to see someone else with knowledge of the games

pokeherguy

Post by pokeherguy »

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

The payback of 7 or more for a flush almost always complicates games. It's one of the reasons DB and AA are more difficult. In addition, having only the blackjacks as kickers creates a problem where the strategy for holding a red vs. black jack is different. It may be possible to simplify the strategy of a modest loss of EV. However, if I remember right Tunica (Sheraton) has Super Aces that pays back even more and has a simpler strategy.