Laughlin Harrahs Junket.....Success!!

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
rayj

Laughlin Harrahs Junket.....Success!!

Post by rayj »

Well, back from the Harrahs Junket to Laughlin.  I can say over all it was a success,Harrahs VP notwithstanding.  Our trip started last Wednesday.   We flew from Tucson to Bullhead City.  The flight time was ~1 hour.  I'm not sure what type of plane it was, but it had 2 seats, aisle and 2 seats.  We sat in 4D and F.  Nice leg room.   We didn't have to hassle with carry on luggage as Harrahs took our luggage from the airport to our room.   Harrahs also provided a free alcohol drink voucher on the flight there and back.  We arrived at Harrahs after the short bus ride from BHC airport.  The bus ride was comfortable but uneventful.  There were about 75 other people on the trip. Harrahs had an envelope for each person on the trip containing your players card and instructions for departure on Saturday.  I was really expecting some comps but not to be.Me and the wife usually stick to VP.  As many here have said, Harrahs is not the place for VP.  I have lost a lot more there than I have won and I play a lot!  That said, we spent all day Wednesday playing at the Harrahs.  I managed to finsh the day down $100.00 not too bad but I had to work my ass of to do that!   The wife was doing a lot worse,  down about $500 when something happened that never happened to her before.   She was dealt a Royal on the DDB Progressive. You know, the only ones in the house.   She was thrilled as I was...  But the best was yet to come!Thursday we decided to check out the Trop.  We played there when it was the Ramada Express and had success.   We specifically went to play their Suited Royals machines.  The Trop has a much better assortment of VP than Harrahs.  Anyway, we played for about 8 hours and hit 3 (three) Royals!   The wife hit one and I hit two.  We hit Diamonds, Clubs and Spades but couldn't quite capture the Hearts, not for lack of trying. Photo's below of the Trop hits.Friday we tried some Double Bonus 9/6 back at Harrahs.  We just kept alive the whole time until we decided to go back to the Trop.  Were careful not to give them too much back and good thing.   It turned cold.Saturday was short as we had to catch the bus back to BHC airport at 9:30AM.   Wehad a little time to kill so we play some DDB near the area we were departing from.The wife hit's for 4aces w/kicker for a quick $500.Overall, we left with $3500.00 over what we brought.   A very nice change for us.....I was not impressed with the Harrahs rooms.  Very small.  But they did leave some kick ass cookies every day.One positive about the VP machines at Harrahs Laughlin is I did not find a single button that malfunctioned in any way on any of the multiple machines I played.  I am comparing it to Harrahs Ak-Chin and Cherokee, where you'd be lucky to find a machine with 3 working buttons.Unfortunately we did not visit any of the other properties.  However we did notice the River Palms marquee was touting 5000 coins for any Royal in very big letters.I hope this report helps someone.And apparently I do not have permission to post pics.   Sorry.Ray

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Congrats on the properous trip Ray, Harrahs has sent me offers for these junkets and maybe one of these days i'll take them up on one of their offers. They send me free trips (airfare included) to Atlantic City, Tahoe and Reno, Laughlin, and Tunica.

rayj

Post by rayj »

Congrats on the properous trip Ray, Harrahs has sent me offers for these junkets and maybe one of these days i'll take them up on one of their offers. They send me free trips (airfare included) to Atlantic City, Tahoe and Reno, Laughlin, and Tunica. They are well worth it.  From our house to Laughlin would be about a 6 hour drive.We shaved 4 hours off travel.

cook1947

Post by cook1947 »

I absolutely love these junket trips to Laughlin. Its about a 3 hour flight from St. Louis and its a great flight. When I lived in So. California, I much preferred Laughlin to Vegas. Loved the river walk and still do. Years ago, when the Palms was Sam's Town, the machines were wonderful and rarely, and I do mean rarely, did I leave Laughlin without winning at least 1 royal. Twice I hit 2 royals in one evening, and another I hit 3 (2 at the then Ramada Express and then another at the Palms). We are planning to spend January in Laughlin, as my comps will take me through January and part of February. Enough to get me through the winter months here in Kentucky. Whatever, those were good hits, no question.

rayj

Post by rayj »

I absolutely love these junket trips to Laughlin. Its about a 3 hour flight from St. Louis and its a great flight. When I lived in So. California, I much preferred Laughlin to Vegas. Loved the river walk and still do. Years ago, when the Palms was Sam's Town, the machines were wonderful and rarely, and I do mean rarely, did I leave Laughlin without winning at least 1 royal. Twice I hit 2 royals in one evening, and another I hit 3 (2 at the then Ramada Express and then another at the Palms). We are planning to spend January in Laughlin, as my comps will take me through January and part of February. Enough to get me through the winter months here in Kentucky. Whatever, those were good hits, no question.We will definitely be going again.  We're thinking Sept/Oct. when the heat subsides.

cook1947

Post by cook1947 »

Hopefully see you there, rayj..

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

What a FUN trip report, rayj and congrats on the wins. Those dealt royals should happen more often, IMHO! We appreciated Laughlin on a few occasions. Interesting, Ted. The offers we have been receiving from AC, Tunica, Reno and Laughlin now CHARGE for air fares and we could fly to Vegas as cheaply. Hey big spender, I think I know why your air fare is included and ours no longer is. I assumed, in error, that they cut back on offering free air.