today's contest

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
doris13
Video Poker Master

today's contest

Post by doris13 »

webman,2000 points for winners challenge on multi strike is almost impossible.i have never had so many non winning hands in any contest.even 1000 points is pushing it.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

This is definitely a tough one... I imagine the variance on this game is very high. You can have some huge scores, but there are a lot of low sessions to make up for that. There won't be nearly as many winning sessions as yesterday. That should turn around (a bit) tomorrow in Ultimate X, but that will be a challenge as well.The good news is... even though it's hard, it's just as hard for everyone else.I think next month we may limit Multi-Strike to only 50 hands, because it takes a lot longer to play than the other Daily Contest games.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

This is definitely a tough one... I imagine the variance on this game is very high.

In terms of equal sized total bet units, the game has roughly 4 times more variance than a single-line game. Obviously to get you into positive territory you have to hit on lines 3 and 4.

So quarter MultiStrike Poker has 4 times the variance (2 times the Standard Deviation) than dollar single line poker. I dunno how people can stomach this game for quarters. If only I was rich enough to not care about losing $100 within 10 minutes! haha

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I dunno how people can stomach this game for quarters.

I'm certainly with you on that thought. I played all 8 sessions today, and never once reached the 2000 break-even point.

Playing quarters, I would have been down close to $1000.

Reetaharmon726
Forum Newbie

Post by Reetaharmon726 »

Can someone please tell me what do you do with the winners challenge points? I need to use mine before the end of the month. Thank you Reetaharmon726

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

play more contest games.you're not limited to the 8 games,you can play as many as you like.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

After playing your 8 sessions for the day, just click to play again and one of your bonus entries will be deducted.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

play more contest games.you're not limited to the 8 games,you can play as many as you like.
Or be like me, and forget that you can't use them once the Monthly Contest Game starts, and they just will go away July 1st.

sherrell_b
Forum Rookie

Post by sherrell_b »

me too billyjoe!

cribplayer
Forum Rookie

Post by cribplayer »

Well I played 23 session on today's contest and not once did I get a hit when I needed it!!

had 4 to the royal with 5 or 6 multiplier , 4 of a kind x14 no kicker!! grgh

Not for lack of trying!! that is for sure!!