Caesar's Windsor 9/30 to 10/04 Trip Report

Where do you like to go? Who has good promos? Start a topic for your local area.
marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Re: Caesar's Windsor 9/30 to 10/04 Trip Report

Post by marie meijer »

Probably all of the above! YOU addicts do not have to remember all my narrow escapes! When we really wanted to complain to a border guard's superior, we were afraid they would give us a rough time on our next crossing. They check their computer at their finger tips, as in asking how many times we went to Canada last month. AND that is right in their computer, as big brother is watching us! Case in point that we felt was extremely unorthodox: Border patrol asked how much $ I had on me going into Canada. Then "Can I see it?" So I handed him my bankroll. Fortunately, he handed it right back, struggling to keep a poker face! I doubt this was in the border guard manual as it has never happened before or since! Once we were almost charged $300 per grape for illegal fruit, double bagged in hatch back (approx $18K). (FYI: $500 for the 2nd offense per item! Illegal items are listed on the net)  Yet, d in law's paid for, newish car, licensed and insured in Canada was not supposed to enter the US, where she was living. Our son, albeit a tad nervous, merely drove it over the border, without incident. WHEW! Technically, they could have confiscated that car and probably our son, too!  CRAZY!

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Probably all of the above! YOU addicts do not have to remember all my narrow escapes!
When we really wanted to complain to a border guard's superior, we were afraid they would give us a rough time on our next crossing. They check their computer at their finger tips, as in asking how many times we went to Canada last month. AND that is right in their computer, as big brother is watching us! Case in point that we felt was extremely unorthodox: Border patrol asked how much $ I had on me going into Canada. Then "Can I see it?" So I handed him my bankroll. Fortunately, he handed it right back, struggling to keep a poker face! I doubt this was in the border guard manual as it has never happened before or since!
Once we were almost charged $300 per grape for illegal fruit, double bagged in hatch back (approx $18K). (FYI: $500 for the 2nd offense per item! Illegal items are listed on the net)  Yet, d in law's paid for, newish car, licensed and insured in Canada was not supposed to enter the US, where she was living. Our son, albeit a tad nervous, merely drove it over the border, without incident. WHEW! Technically, they could have confiscated that car and probably our son, too!  CRAZY!

You are more trusting than me to hand them your bankroll.  Glad you got it back.  Sounds like we were lucky crossing the border. 

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I see marie's trials and tribulations entering/egressing Canada being made into a movie of the week, kinda on par with Billy Hayes in the Turkish Prison and Midnight Express. Marie gets help from a matronly woman in the prison (ably played by Boops); a scumbag quicktalking sceming lawyer offers to help marie for the right sum of money (I'm thinking billyjoe?); a by the book judge (obviously edog) sentences marie to life; and finally a super hero who is handsome, kind, most sincere, smartest, handsome, intelligent, handsome, quick witted, street smart, and charitable (obviously played by me) comes along and saves the day.  

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

TOO FUNNY, Ted. Wherever do you get this stuff? Tks for letting me vent about the atrocities at that border. Hopefully, someone will realize there is room for border reform! I can only hope that I am not already on some hit list! Gotta go hide, now! (HOW can they find a grape and not notice a car?!?, how, how, how?)(speaking of movies, we enjoyed GRAVITY in 3 D w GEORGE CLOONEY and sandra bullock, yesterday)

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

marie, you do know the NSA knows about the car now?   

marie meijer
Video Poker Master

Post by marie meijer »

already, you think? Uh, just a story from my vivid imagination!!!On their behalf, every day those border patrol peeps go to work they face the possibility of risk, which is why they wear bullet proof vests. One of their main goals, besides antagonizing, is probably to protect the rest of us!

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

I see marie's trials and tribulations entering/egressing Canada being made into a movie of the week,... a scumbag quicktalking scheming lawyer offers to help marie for the right sum of money (I'm thinking billyjoe?) 

I'm in !! Contact my agent, and i'll have my people call your people. I can send you some headshots, if you like.

Make the premiere in Vegas - I need a trip...

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I'm sorry to tell you this billyjoe but your part was recast as you were priced out of our ballpark, please keep your headshots in the drawer and save them for a future role.

Obviously the premiere would have been held in Windsor, duh...

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Back to the trip report, I am sipping on a glass of Canadian Club Dock 57 Spiced Whiskey.  I am more of a beer drinker but this stuff is really good.  When we did the Canadian Club tour this was one of the whiskeys we sampled.  We were told that this particular whiskey can only be purchased in Canada.

We purchased a couple of bottles at the duty free store on the way back across from Windsor.  Wish I had bought more.  Any ideas on how to get more?  Thought about buying a case when we came across but it is such a PITA to bring anything with you when a flight is involved.