Spin poker

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
trapper
Forum Newbie

Spin poker

Post by trapper »

Does job spin poker have the same random number generator and strategy of play as regular dealt vp?

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Yes, it has the same RNG, it is just called multiple times to draw more cards vs. a single line game. Strategy is exactly the same as regular video poker.

trapper
Forum Newbie

Post by trapper »

Thank you for the replies.When i look at the pay tables on spin poker it only shows up to 4 of a kind but playing 9 lines isn't 5 of a kind possible?

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

If you are playing deuces or joker poker yes

katipug

Post by katipug »

I always wondered if you will get the same results on spin poker games if you play turbo or not. Anyone know?

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Spin poker has a high variance compared to single line games. You wil have longer losing streaks in the long run. If bankroll is a factor, you will need between 30% and 90% more money to wait out these streaks. And the more lines you play, the higher the variance. I am not an expert on this however. For specifics on the variance and math involved, someone else may chime in here if you are interested. The same would apply to multi hand games. The variance is higher for instance on a ten play machine than for a three play. I also know from experience, you can win some unusually high short run hits which are usually offset by the long losing streaks.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

I always wondered if you will get the same results on spin poker games if you play turbo or not. Anyone know?

From what I have read, if you hit the button at the exact same moment, you'll get the same results whether it's turbo or not. Of course, if you play turbo, then the timing of your future hands will change.

Spin poker has a high variance compared to single line games. You wil have longer losing streaks in the long run. If bankroll is a factor, you will need between 30% and 90% more money to wait out these streaks. And the more lines you play, the higher the variance. I am not an expert on this however. For specifics on the variance and math involved, someone else may chime in here if you are interested. The same would apply to multi hand games. The variance is higher for instance on a ten play machine than for a three play. I also know from experience, you can win some unusually high short run hits which are usually offset by the long losing streaks.

Spin poker is a bit worse variance than standard 9-line video poker because you share cards among lines.

jazzman12
Forum Rookie

Post by jazzman12 »

Actually, the variance is mitigated by the fact that cards come from a single deck, even though the variance for total hands played has to be factored in - as well as increased variance for card placement impacts and line sharing.With 9-line spin poker, there are only cards in play from one
deck on the draw, not 9 different decks like in standard. However, each
one of those spin poker cards may impact 1-5 lines (depending on
placement).For example, if you were dealt 4 to a Royal in standard 9-line, you would have a 1 in 47 chance of catching your card on each one of the 9 individual lines.If you were dealt 4 to a Royal in Spin Poker, your odds of getting the Royal would actually be 1 in 47 for 3 of the lines, then 1 in 46 for the next 3 lines, then 1 in 45 for the last 3 lines. Thus, you have a slightly better chance of hitting a 4-card Royal draw in Spin Poker over standard (although the lines affected would be 2-5-2 not 3-3-3 if the draw was taking place with the third card/center column).However, what mitigates that slight extra advantage is that in Spin Poker once that 5th card is hit, there is zero chance that it can hit again with any remaining draws (since that card is now out of the single deck) - when, in theory, you could hit all 9 royals in standard.One impact with Spin Poker variance is card placement. In standard, if the 5 cards for the Royal come out from the deal/draw - you are guaranteed to hit the hand. In Spin Poker, while you have a slightly higher likelihood of seeing all 5 Royal cards in any deal/draw, but that doesn't 100% guarantee you hit the hand. Anyone who has played Spin Poker enough has experienced the frustration of having all 5 Royal cards come out with the deal/draw, but they happened to not line up in the 9-line slot configuration needed to actually have a winning hand. This also holds true for other hands like 4OAK, etc.Also, variance is impacted because most of the time getting/not getting needed draws impacts multiple lines in Spin Poker and only a single line in standard. Thus, if you are in a good streak hitting 4OAK on draws in Spin Poker, you inevitably build up bankroll faster than in standard, but, conversely, if you are on a cold streak with draws, it also impacts more lines at one time.Overall, with all the variance/covariance factors accounted for, 9 line Spin Poker will end up with a higher variance than regular 9-line play, even though the standard play is the same and the return is the same (assuming identical games and paytable).For standard 9 line video poker (JOB) the variance is 35.3, and with 9 line Spin Poker it is 53.0. However, the variance increase of nearly 50% is not exactly because cards are shared from one deck  - but rather because of card placement and multiple line impact factors.Bottom line, though, over 1,000,000 hands, your potential return % is essentially identical in 9 line Spin Poker vs. 9 line standard, assuming the same paytable, even though, indeed, there could be more real good streaks and real bad streaks with the Spin Poker option.