Multi Strike strikes again

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Multi Strike strikes again

Post by olds442jetaway »

I think I posted recently about having fun with the two nickel Multi Strike machines at Mohegan Sun. Caught another unexpected good hand last night. I was playing max on the D Bonus Deuces wild nickel game which isn't cheap at 2 bucks a hand, but after 4 hours I was down less than a hundred. The first 3 lines were all even money hands. On the 4th line which has the 8 times multiplier, I was dealt 3 Deuces plus the Ace. I was hoping for the 4th deuce and not really thinking about that 5th Ace. I missed the Deuce, but the Ace came in. Paid 160x10x8=12,800 nickels or $ 640 bucks! Gave back some on quarter Double Down Stud which was ice cold, but that was a nice and very unexpected hit.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Nice hit! And 10 nickels per line is the max bet? Ouch!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Nice hit! And 10 nickels per line is the max bet? Ouch!

Yeah, ouch. Funny how on most of the quarter games they let you go up to 25 units. I miss the days of the max bet 100 unit 2 cent vp machines. My little scaled down Martingale method worked great on those. If I get up to 10 units on the nickel game, I have to either sit there at that level, or change the paytable to quarters. Then it becomes too steep to play the way I like to. Might work out OK that way if you had a huge bankroll because they also let you change the paytable in the same machine to dollars if you choose. Can't see myself betting 25 bucks a hand x 4 lines anytime soon that is for sure.