caesar's and bally's updates

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
doris13
Video Poker Master

caesar's and bally's updates

Post by doris13 »

just back from 2 days at caesars;only lost half my money so not a bad trip overall.all vp machines in the toga bar area are gone and they are getting ready to install all the new vp machines soon.where i played vp downstairs by the sports book most of the old machines are gone and replaced with 8/5 paytables.bally's renovation is nice but if you don't smoke you're more or less out of luck.most vp machines are in the smoking area,and there are many smoking areas.no more ddb on straight triple pay but db triple pay is 9/5.ddb or tdb are on some single line games or on games like ultimate aces,hyper or stp.in case anyone is interested they renovated the buffet at caesar's and while it is not as big as harrahs or showboat it was pretty good.

xswansong
Forum Rookie

Post by xswansong »

Thanks for the update doris. I was a lifelong Bally's/Claridge player until I moved over to Harrahs. Haven't played at Bally's since they took out the progressive joker poker triple play. It was getting pretty run down and dingy, really needed an update. My next trip down I'll check it out and let you know how I did.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

xswansong,i used to stay at bally's all the time but then i just couldn't take the peeling wallpaper,old televisions and filthy carpets anymore;and from what i understand they still haven't renovated the tower rooms.i switched to harrahs also but this trip i felt like staying on the boardwalk again so i stayed at caesars.

DaBurglar
Video Poker Master

Post by DaBurglar »

good report doris, glad you are seeing the decrepit state of affairs in AC, and know it isnt all in my head lol!

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

the only "decrepit state of affairs" as you call it were the tower rooms at bally's and i haven't seen them in 2 years or so.

Blade1
Forum Newbie

Post by Blade1 »

Thanks for the update Doris.  Stayed at Caesars over the past weekend.  Darn black curtain up around area near Togo Bar.  Workers were placing new bases in the area on Friday afternoon, also pulled all the $1 and $2 slots along outside walls of High Limits.  Old machines stacked and sitting near closed Live Poker and Sports Books, don't know if they're going back in service or new ones coming in.  Likely going to be more like the remodeled Ballys which does look nice.  Now if we can just get the Express Drink Order at Caesars.