More Cheap Video Poker

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
Vman96
Video Poker Master

Re: More Cheap Video Poker

Post by Vman96 »

Strangely enough, I had to hit the quote button to read what you wrote billyjoe.

And I try to look at it this way. It's better than a royal! That's not the only time I hit a "better than a royal" hand in 2013.

Hit this at Fitz in Tunica on Columbus Day weekend:

Both pulling a royal or four aces are a 1 in 16,215 shot each there. Glad the aces showed.

Also anyone who plays this short-coin strategy should NEVER play TDB. You only get 400 for 1 for AWAK on TDB when you short coin.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

I played single quarter 8/5 DDB for a solid week last fall. I didn't up my bet, just played one coin .25 the whole time. I had one incredible day that taught me a bunch about high volatility games. On the same day, I hit 4 sets of 4 Aces (one with a kicker), a quad about every 20 minutes all day and a couple of straight flushes. Can you believe it, I ended the day totally even! I had never had so many 4 aces in the many years I've been playing and to end totally even was a shock. I'm sure I played at least 6,000 hands that day. I gave up those games and never went back. The problem is the game is so volatile you give up all your wins or dig a hole so deep that you can't get out of. 
There's something about Deuces Wild that works with the Cheap Video Poker strategy. I don't know what it is, but I can't argue with my results. Keep this in mind. I created my strategy because I hate losing more than I like winning. It keeps me playing single coin quarters most of the day, so when I win a max coin jackpot I keep it.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

[QUOTE=olds442jetaway]

PS...Vman have you tried the IPA yet?

Missed this earlier. Yeah Goose Island isn't that bad, and ironically that was the beer I was having when I hit my only AWAK while actually playing DDB (I've hit several more while playing different games) at the Mirage Sports bar in May 2013. Of course I was using a one-coin strategy to save money and gain booze because 7/5 DDB is just terrible.

But I have got into the bad habit of liking stronger "Double/Imperial IPAs". I bought this at the beer store this week that I never had before. Very good. 9% ABV. But cost me $10 for a 4 pack.    Love the label though.

[/QUOTE]

Like seeing those Aces especially when 1 or 2 held. That label is cool. Looks just like some of the wacky pez dispensers that have come out over the years.