Hard Rock Gives Up Another $1,000

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Hard Rock Gives Up Another $1,000

Post by FloridaPhil »

Haven't had a quad deuce in the last two sessions, so I went to the Tampa Hard Rock today for some revenge.  Hit a quad deuce right away.  Thirty minutes later, hit another one.  The machine went nuts and started spitting out Wild Royals and Straight Flushes one right after another, so I switched to dollars and this happened.  This is the same machine that gave me $1,000 three weeks ago. Haven't had three in one day in a long time.  Went home up $1,500 for the day.  Life is good!

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Great job Phil. I only had 3 deuces quads once in all the years of playing. Little side story....The other night I was playing deuces quads quarters in the middle of the night. Unfortunately, never did hit them. A lady about 5 machines away hit 8 hand pays in less than 2 hours. She was playing Multi-Strike quarters DDB. Most were in the 1650- range, but at least one was huge. Aces with kicker on the top line and she was paid over 9700 dollars-. I'm guessing she was playing max bet. These machines allow 10 units bet per line on all 4 lines so I guess she was playing ten bucks a clip. Hope some of that rubs off on your trip up here to Ct. and I could use a little of that luck too.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Way to go Phil, keep nailing those ducks.

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

Bring a Sharpie with you, Phil, and mark that machine with an "X" so I know which one to play the next time I go.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Or better yet just slap a CheapVideoPoker.com bumper sticker onto the front of the machine. No charge for the marketing idea, I watched a rerun of Mad Men the other day. 

Lucky Larry
Video Poker Master

Post by Lucky Larry »

Congratulations on the hat trick of deuces. They always look so nice when you hit them.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

The machine is one of the high limit slots that somehow got onto the main floor.  It's a $1-$2-$5 machine.   I was playing it with single coin dollars and had a good run up.  I know it's crazy, but it seems like those machines pay better. 

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

The machine is one of the high limit slots that somehow got onto the main floor.  It's a $1-$2-$5 machine.   I was playing it with single coin dollars and had a good run up.  I know it's crazy, but it seems like those machines pay better. 
Nothing crazy about getting paid regularly..