Unusual find on new IGT machines

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
davidearl

Re: Unusual find on new IGT machines

Post by davidearl »

[QUOTE=billyjoe]
Really, DB. Not only do VP machines have no memory, they have no calendar, either.

Now that's not true. The idiot slot tech at Monte Carlo went through its memory once for me and totally misunderstood my argument as well as his boss (the 25-hand STP machine max bet 150 credits, when you hit a button labeled "bet one".) If the machine is still screwed up like that in a couple of weeks, I will start another fight, time permitting, when I'm sober this time as I am staying at the hotel for a couple of days. Out of principle of course.

The first fight lasted an hour because they were stupid, and maybe I worded it badly because I was drunk at the time.

Now of course, the VP machine isn't supposed to use its memory to influence future results as that would be illegal in bunches of states... [/QUOTE]

The 25 play machines were set up that way at Hoosier Park. I told them and showed them, and they pressed the help button to see if press one really means it's one line and not a max bet.lol

They told me to go ahead and finish the max hand and they would figure out something. So I pressed the button on my nothing deal and got a quad that turned it into a winner. I was thinking free buffet....

Dave

BillyJoe
Video Poker Master

Post by BillyJoe »

[QUOTE=billyjoe]
Really, DB. Not only do VP machines have no memory, they have no calendar, either.

Now that's not true. The idiot slot tech at Monte Carlo went through its memory once for me and totally misunderstood my argument as well as his boss (the 25-hand STP machine max bet 150 credits, when you hit a button labeled "bet one".) If the machine is still screwed up like that in a couple of weeks, I will start another fight, time permitting, when I'm sober this time as I am staying at the hotel for a couple of days. Out of principle of course.

The first fight lasted an hour because they were stupid, and maybe I worded it badly because I was drunk at the time.

Now of course, the VP machine isn't supposed to use its memory to influence future results as that would be illegal in bunches of states... [/QUOTE]
OK - let me rephrase. A VP machine has a LOG, which of course, can be used to determine past activity. I had a slot supervisor at Harrahs LV pull it once on an STP machine when they first came out after I went over 50 hands without a multiplier. Got some FreePlay from that one, although they insisted that the machine was not malfunctioning.

As you said, though, it cannot use that info to influence future hands.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

[QUOTE=Vman96] [QUOTE=billyjoe]

OK - let me rephrase. A VP machine has a LOG, which of course, can be used to determine past activity. I had a slot supervisor at Harrahs LV pull it once on an STP machine when they first came out after I went over 50 hands without a multiplier. Got some FreePlay from that one, although they insisted that the machine was not malfunctioning.

As you said, though, it cannot use that info to influence future hands. [/QUOTE]

Wow that was nice of them. 50 in a row is a 1 in 31.5 event. I was mad at Monte Carlo because they thought I was angling them over $5. Lol