Foxwoods trip

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
Gammy
Forum Rookie

Re: Foxwoods trip

Post by Gammy »

Geeze Olds, I am not a mathmatician. I gamble for fun and relaxation. I bring a set  amount of $$ with me. I develope a fondness for certain machines and it so happened that the machines I liked at the Sun, all had that sticker. I had a Sachem card and was demoted rapidly. My host there offered to give me points every time I visited. I was offended by that. The only things I used the Sachem level was to eat in the lounges and one free room a month and I certainly put enough money through VP machines to earn that.
Granted it is slow earning reward points at Foxwoods,but I still have the lounge and a free room when I want it. Plus at holiday time I have enough points to purchase nice gifts for my family

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Hi Gammy. As a Sachem player, you were level 4. You did not lose that status by playing machines that did not pay points now called Momentum Dollars because those machines still give you status points at roughly the same level. Level 4 now requires 4,000 status points to be earned every 6 months to maintain that status. Level 3 requires 1400 status points to be earned every 6 months and they pick the time periods. There was a short time before they went to the new system that people got " screwed " and lost their status by playing the no points machines. If you had gone higher up the chain of command and explained that your play was roughly the same as when you had Sachem status, I think they would have maintained your status. That happened to me before they went to this new system, but I was able to get my level 3 maintained. Now for the last few time periods, the status points earned take care of that. Your host should have offered you that option to talk to someone at a higher level. Funny thing was my host gave me some bs story too and that is when I decided to ho higher up with facts and figures and explanations. The higher up did not hesitate for one moment in granting me level 3 at that time. Should we have to go through all of this...of course not, but this is the real and imperfect world. I understand it is pretty easy to get the free rooms at Foxwoods because they have more hotel space. Glad at least you can get those and get into the lounge which is always a nice break. If you decide at some point to go back to Mohegan and play, I would be glad to bring you into the lounge there and I can also give you the name of who to talk to about getting your status back at Mohegan. PS....Mohegan no longer has assigned hosts for level 3 players. I think too much mis information and bs was happening in their transition and this is how they handled it. I actually miss having an assigned host, but now with the web site that works well for reservations and events as well as any host on duty being able to answer your questions etc., you really don't need one. I do miss their marketing department though that has been gone a long time. They got me up there many times when I probably would have stayed home that day. Mohegan did lose a lot of vp players to Foxwoods because of the above fiasco. Some have come back, but not all.

Gammy
Forum Rookie

Post by Gammy »

Thanks "Olds" for your offer, but I am still angry at the way I was treated. The host I had was way up on top of the host pool. I even received a personal phone call from the president of something I can't remember. It boils down to my $5 in a VP machine is as good as someone elses $5 in a slot machine. Therefore, I should equal or almost equal reward points. I do miss the shopping.
By the way my first car was a 1955 oldsmobile 98 "white with aqua interior"  I should have never sold that car.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That was indeed a beautiful car and powerful too. Stay safe and best of luck on your future trips.