October 7 Star Tourney

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

October 7 Star Tourney

Post by Tedlark »

Have the games been chosen yet for the October 7 Star Tourney?    Good luck to those who are attempting to qualify and I look forward to seeing you all in the finals.

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

just had to do some math...

49 of us playing 7 QQ sessions of 77 hands for 2 days = 52,822 hands

Frequency of dealt RF or AWAK = 1 in 162,435

Probability of any dealt 4k hand in the 2nd round = .27761 or about 1 : 3.6 against

good luck all

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

And Mr MinnFatz is in the finals! Nice to see a name we know there. go beat them!

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

Thanks Eduardo, got into the 2nd round drawing the case Ace to trips with a kicker at the top level of MultiStrike. Then earlier today caught a forest -- all the "t'rees" -- dealt but no kicker in 100 Play QQ, good for 3rd so far but with about 7 hours to go. Plus drew the Black Lady to the other four spade Royal cards in the monthly to shoot me up to 7th there; but with only three more days to go I make it like 180 to 1 against winning and no guarantee of a top ten...yet. A few big hands for sure and two one-out draws. Play sound strategy, keep focused and the big hands will come for you, too. Good Mathematics all.

snoflak
Forum Newbie

Post by snoflak »

How come if your are a winner in the 1st round, 1 of the top 7 and continue into the 2nd round with the same score, The person who played 100 play in the 1st round is far ahead of all the rest and continues to keep that score how are the rest suppose to come close to beating even if we are all playing 100 play. Please dont say its possible because its not. A better way would be to give some prize to the top 7 in first round then continue with the 39 who are in the 2nd round all starting from zero score!

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Everyone starts at zero in the second round. The scores don't carry forward for anyone.None of the Round One winners in 100 Quick Quads ended up winning in Round Two.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

I noticed Hunter Pence made the finals but did not play in the 7 star tournament. I guess he was too busy playing in the World Series.