Daily and Weekly Contests: 50 hands

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
feline57

Re: Daily and Weekly Contests: 50 hands

Post by feline57 »

Just my 2 cents. I prefer the 100 hands.

Natural
Forum Newbie

Post by Natural »

100 hands only takes a few minutes and is a better test of VP skills. Besides can't you quit at fifty any time you want and still have your score posted?

jsup
Forum Newbie

Post by jsup »

It is easier to get in a quick few hands when you have a minute.  But it is just over so quickly

Sandrina Roc
Forum Regular

Post by Sandrina Roc »

For those who say the winner of a 100 hands game showed more skill than a 50 hand game, go look at all the winners of all the games.  Most are dealt Aces or Royals.  It takes luck to win.  The monthly is no exception.  All of last year I got 3 Royals in the monthly contest.  They were all in one month so I would up in 5th place that month. No other royals since.  I had a lucky month.I agree that Webman does an awesome job on this site. And I thank him for that.  Here is my request: I'm fine with the 50 hands because I don't have all day to play like some people. BUT if you go back to 100 hands it has to be ALL games, including, ta da.....Multi-Strike.  Else it isn't fair.  Thank you.

JaxSax
Forum Rookie

Post by JaxSax »

I like the 50 hands too. Seems easier if I don't have as much time. I agree wholeheartedly that Webman does an awesome job. I play a lot and have never run into a problem.   Thank you Webman.       

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

For those who say the winner of a 100 hands game showed more skill than a 50 hand game, go look at all the winners of all the games.  Most are dealt Aces or Royals.  It takes luck to win.  The monthly is no exception.  All of last year I got 3 Royals in the monthly contest.  They were all in one month so I would up in 5th place that month. No other royals since.  I had a lucky month.I agree that Webman does an awesome job on this site. And I thank him for that.  Here is my request: I'm fine with the 50 hands because I don't have all day to play like some people. BUT if you go back to 100 hands it has to be ALL games, including, ta da.....Multi-Strike.  Else it isn't fair.  Thank you.

I agree with everything you said except for the part about Multi-Strike. If you hit on the first line half of the time (free rides included) you end up playing at least 100 hands. 50 hands on Multi-Strike usually take me just as long as 100 on another game.