Changing the Monthly Contest Structure

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
itsalock
Forum Rookie

Re: Changing the Monthly Contest Structure

Post by itsalock »

I will agree to that, maybe limited it till your best 25 days (500 hands per day). This way if you want to play every day, you get rewarded.By the way, Happy Holidays everyone!!!

Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Post by Videopokerjesus »

Maybe something like being able to play 500 hands maximum per day for the first 28 days without having it broken down into 100-hand sessions. That "double chunking" is counterproductive as it actually fuels ignorance and misinformation with regards to video poker being a independent trial game. I hear too many people talking about arbitrary data points and make an inference to the actual machine or game being that way.

Then increase the limit to 1,000 hands per day for the last two or three days. This way, players can "make up" for a couple of days that they missed.

Just a thought.

feline57

Post by feline57 »

I think they are trying to be as fair to as many people as possible. Some people have plenty of time to play numerous hands/sessions over the course of a day. Others don't quite have that much spare time in their day, they may only be able to play 1 or 2 sessions.

So, I believe they are trying to level the playing field as best as they can. Quite a daunting task because you can't please everybody all the time.

One thing I really admire about this site is they value what their members would like to see. They really listen to suggestions or requests and try to implement them or have us vote on a topic.

I believe member feedback is very valuable to them in their decision making. Kudos

Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Post by Videopokerjesus »

I do like the fact that I can see my rank now, even in the other contests.

WVRadar

Post by WVRadar »

I think adjustments can be made to list the daily score, and the amount of hands that player has played.

FOR EXAMPLE:

Videopokerjesus 14,555    Hands played: 3,000

Your thoughts,

Greg[/QUOTE]

I really like this idea.

chattycattty
VP Veteran

Post by chattycattty »

Great idea. While listing the # of hands played webman can put a asterisk by the name of those that edog suspects might be using the video poker contest cheating software.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

That shouldn't be hard. I'll just place that asterisk on anyone ranked higher than edog at any given time. Good ideas, folks. Keep them coming.