CHANGE the monthly game

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Eringobraugh
Forum Newbie

CHANGE the monthly game

Post by Eringobraugh »

Good grief but I hate the game of the month. Why doesn't it change like the daily and weekly game does? The sound of the "bell" or whatever it is is like nails on a chalkboard and it is a s-l-o-w playing game. I like the new contest format but really urge you to change the monthly game around as well.

Videopokerjesus
Forum Regular

Post by Videopokerjesus »

If you don't like it, don't play it. There are many other things you can play. It's not meant for everyone, but to an expert, veteran player like me who takes a lot of pride in having his game based on sound mathematical principals who doesn't want a "deal dependent," bare-bones and others like me, it's a haven for us.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

you do know that you can mute it right erin?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

If you don't like it, don't play it. There are many other things you can play. It's not meant for everyone, but to an expert, veteran player like me who takes a lot of pride in having his game based on sound mathematical principals who doesn't want a "deal dependent," bare-bones and others like me, it's a haven for us.

Agreed!

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

Eringobraugh
Forum Newbie

Post by Eringobraugh »

thanks for the positive replies. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Mine is I don't like the sound of that particular game. I pay just like you.   

edog743
Video Poker Master

Post by edog743 »

I think it is fine just the way it is. The only way to improve the monthly would be allowing the choice of TDB.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

TDB would ruin the Monthly in my opinion. First because the luckiest people in TDB would probably win every month, making it stupid to play anything else if you want to win. But the unluckier ones in TDB would have even worse scores if they didn't get the jackpot hands (royal or kicker). So you would always feel even further behind unless you were in the top 1%. The average scores might end up about the same, but the winners and losers aren't decided by "average."

The luckiest people already get 2 royals in a day or even in one session (not often but it happens) but you can catch them eventually. I don't want to see them get 3 or 4 jackpots in a day, even if I get one a little more often. I think you would have the winners even further ahead of the rest of us if you add TDB and right now it seems like a fair match no matter what game type you are playing.

JaxSax
Forum Rookie

Post by JaxSax »

Re Monthly Contest.   I've thought about the suggestion that perhaps missed days could be accumulated. It's understandable that some of us can't get to computer every day, but this could cause the accumulated scores to vary more on those days that extra games were played to make up. Would be a little more discouraging. I agree with Eduardo, it seems like a fair match. I think the monthly game is perfect as is, and wouldn't change a thing.