Phishing site?

Discuss the latest contests, contest strategies, and scores!
Mare2548
Forum Regular

Phishing site?

Post by Mare2548 »

Hi all,For the first time, I got a window pop up when I accessed the contest page. It was from my Norton program saying this site is a phishing site and warning me not to open it! Of course, I did anyway but thought management should know. Maybe there's a rogue advertiser out there??

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Be VERY careful, this could have been a fake Norton site that could have been trying to draw you in.

Minn. Fatz
VP Veteran

Post by Minn. Fatz »

Norton's a kludgy resource hog. I use Emsisoft Online Armor/Anti-Malware.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Thank you for the heads up. We will look into it to make sure we aren't being incorrectly flagged.This of course is not a "phishing" site. However it's possible there was some other content being displayed in your browser from an untrusted source.If you continue to see the warning, please do let me know.Update: I ran a report to check our status on Norton and they have us listed as "safe." So The warning must have been referencing some other content source.https://safeweb.norton.com/report/show? ... opoker.com

Mare2548
Forum Regular

Post by Mare2548 »

Thanks for looking into it Webman, and thanks to the other replies. I know this site is ok so the message took me completely by surprise. I tried going all the way out and back in to see if it would come up again but it didn't.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

This probably has to do with those adds that are being blocked by my security while trying to play the contests - it tells me it is blocking something - don't know what it is blocking since the add block is blank - (being blocked)

tropicalei
Forum Newbie

Post by tropicalei »

Quick question and I've never posted before so please forgive me...I play video poker on my iPhone 6 and I always get kicked out or re-routed to ads. Any ideas on how to fix this?! It can be pretty annoying when Im in the middle of an intense game ;)

PurpleJoker
Forum Newbie

Post by PurpleJoker »

It's been happening to me for a few days; I play on a PC and it's only certain ads.  Happened three times in five minutes today, so I'm giving up today and waiting until tomorrow.  It is very frustrating when you get interrupted and it does not send you back to the game.