Counting winning hands in vp

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Counting winning hands in vp

Post by olds442jetaway »

Most will consider this little experiment meaningless, useless, and too expensive, but I have tried it on very low denomination machines where it won't cost much money and it worked well. The downside seems to be that you need between 8 and 12 hours of play to have a pretty good chance of having it work. This is a version of Martingale clone and I intend to combine it with CS. In regular Deuces Wild, you are supposed to get a hand with more than your money back about every 6 hands. I keep it pretty simple. Every time you fail to get a hand that pays 2 for 1 or more in 6 consecutive hands, the bet goes up one unit. However, if you get a winning hand of 2 for 1 or more in less than 6 hands, you back your bet down 1 unit. You need a single line machine that will allow you to vary your bet from 1 to 25 units and even better if it lets you vary denomination as well. I am only using this in connection with CS on hits of 4 or more which appear in the long run only every ten hands or so. I am only applying these rules to max bet bets so I would have to have 6 consecutive max coin bets at 5 that were losers before my next max coin bet called for would be bet 6. It had one live trial so far and it worked well on a quarter game. There is a little more about this on the recreational play posts. At least it keeps my interest up in the game and there is a little extra excitement when you have a chance once in awhile of a big hand with a pretty good sized bet made too.