9/6 JOB Strategy question

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Re: 9/6 JOB Strategy question

Post by Carcounter »

Three machines over toward BBar and Amphora lounge. Facing where Mixx club used to be. Natural Royal is $1,000, wild royal 100 coins. There has to be a downgrade of certain hands to cover the progressive and $200 payout for the 5oak with one deuce.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I will continue to play CS, but start with bet 5 on quarters to give
myself that long term nearly 2% extra return. If it starts to get too
expensive, I can easily taper back.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yeah. I have been taking a bit more turbulence with aggressive five coin hands early on in my sessions this year too. Tough to sacrifice that 2%. It's harder for me to taper back, since I bring such a low bank roll. But I have learned to just sit it out or explore the area. The cheapest convenient ATM is a $4.50 hit.

My bank reimburses the ATM fees at the end of the month. Almost wish they wouldn't do it. Probably hit it more times last year because I knew I would get the 4.50 back. This year is different. I just pretend there is a pool of quicksand in front of the ATM.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

a downgrade of certain hands to cover the progressive and $200 payout for the 5oak with one deuce.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Yeah, that figures. I kind of enjoy Progressives. That slight uptick in the total with the sound effect is rather Pavlovian in its addictiveness.

pickle1935
Forum Newbie

Post by pickle1935 »

pray

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

No atheists in foxholes. Or Foxwoods.

DAAnMAAn
VP Veteran

Post by DAAnMAAn »

Back to 9/6 job strategy, I know it's correct, for example, when you flop Jh,Qh,9h,2s,3s to hold the Jh,Qh,9h. But I just can't bring myself to hold the bittersweet 9h.
These minor delimmas happen on 9/6 job and I usual error to Royal draws. But I do not hold the ace with a 10 of similiar suite unless a very high progressive. I guess we all draw the line someplace.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

I blow off the nine in such hands too. You will probably at least salvage the hand, so why not go for the RF? Low error, indeed! Just do it.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

I wouldn't call an 18-cent error at quarter 9/6 JoB or 19.8 cents at 10/6 DDB a "low error" myself. It doesn't come up too often though, so it would only cost about 0.01% of your overall return.

But the more adjustments you make, the more that gets chipped away. I have run a little hot on straight flushes the last few years myself.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Me too. Those straight flushes sure do come up at a healthy clip. But I very rarely see two cards of it w RF potential.

Sea Lion

Post by Sea Lion »

I used to burn the 9 too, but recently have been holding it in such hands. Today I get dealt a 10d, Jd, Qd, and low and behold I get the Kd (and I'm getting ready to jump out of my seat and do the funky monkey dog if the next card I'm hoping for pops up), but the 9d for that ever elusive SF. Still cool to see