Friends

Why do you play video poker? What is your favorite game and why?
Johnsontinaa
Forum Newbie

Friends

Post by Johnsontinaa »

Is it a good idea to friend different folks. How does it help ones game? thanks

DAAnMAAn
VP Veteran

Post by DAAnMAAn »

Put 10 vp players in a room and ask this question, you'll probably get 10 different answers. But I'll give you mine, asking friends or family advice or suggestions about video poker is like talking to them about politics...you get alot of dumb...I'll be nice...ignorant...answers.My advice is to get help with your game from A. Software and B. Books by Dancer, Kneeland, and other writers with proven success and knowledge and reputation with the game. conversation with friends and family is nice, and can be interesting in good and bad ways, but always check the facts and the disputes. Oh, and if you two don't agree, just agree not to agree.Case in point, had a friend named Brook who always held top pair when she flopped two pair claiming she will hit more quads that way...for example in 9/6 double double bonus...KK992...keep the KK...QQ558..keep the QQ...JJ224..keep the 22. Well...it was bad advice and I couldn't convince her otherwise...except for AA where you keep the AA, keeping the two pair in hopes of the boat is a more profitable play. Not to go into the math, but the story is, beware of video poker advice from friends.cheers

seemoreroyals
VP Veteran

Post by seemoreroyals »

I have a couple of really good friends that I play VP with. I play almost exclusively by the book but am fascinated by the success they have. They sort of play by the book but both of them hold A-10, one of them holds only one pair even if they draw two pairs, and I have seen one of them throw away a full house if favor of holding three 4's and pull another 4. A couple of weeks ago one of them held only a 3 and pulled three more 3's and a 2 playing TDB.

Almost forgot to mention that one of them only plays 5 Play Ultimate X and nothing else. I have seen him within 5 minutes holding only one Ace get four A's and a Royal Flush. On another occasion he pulled 4 A's with a 12X multiplier holding only 2 A's.

The point I am making is they are both incredibly lucky. It seems that their luck more than makes up for some of their decisions that they make that go against optimal play strategy. Even though I am amazed by what I have witnessed from both of them first hand I continue to bang away, being a logical guy, playing by the book, trying to figure out why luck plays such an important part in gambling.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

in 9/6 double double bonus KK992, keep the KK. QQ558, QQ. JJ224, keep the 22. Well, it was bad advice and I couldn't
convince her otherwise.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ROTF. Even if you don't know jack about DDB like me, common sense will say it doesn't matter! Random rules. Pretty funny. Of course AA you got the fat payoff I believe.