Trip Report 2Q Onward

Discussion about gambling in Atlantic City
FAA
Video Poker Master

Re: Trip Report 2Q Onward

Post by FAA »

More Caesars suffering Saturday. I was determined to start with dollar
JOB. I won $10 from $25 FP. Recycled that, then inserted $100. Mostly on min coin, it shrank
to $21 and rose to about $52. Then I hit my quad, less than an hour in
and min coin. I cashed out at $77. I won $25 from craps FP. Back to
VP, but this time I relented. Quarter machines. I lost $100
in two hours; one or two minor quads. Progressive was $1,015,
hardly incentive to play these 9/6. They play worse than 6/5 in
practice. Lunch; $100 ATM. More dollar JOB. I lost $80 in another two
hours. My conclusion: dollar JOB the entire visit. I lose $40 an hour on
either bank without a quad bailout. Dollar play, comps quickly accrue.
They ran a heavily publicized Cleopatra Celebration promo. Ominously,
hers was a tragic story. Each hour, five winners got free spins in the
high limit room. $2,000 guaranteed win. A brunette in a gold
lame mini dress read names from the lobby. I carefully monitored the
video screens and PA system at 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, and 7 PM. No luck. I
prayed for a snake bite to put me out of my misery. $12 Bally's loss to boot. Reporting from debtors prison on a smuggled device,
this is FAA.  

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Minimal Caesars suffering Saturday. I foolishly began on quarter JOB and a poor $1,002 Progressive. I won $17 from $25 FP. Lost that and $20 more on this and a second machine. I finally transitioned to dollar JOB machine. I got about 35 TC before losing $100. I won $25 from craps FP. Quarter JOB revisit; finally found a playable machine. I won $53 from $20; two coin quad. Enough good luck to consider an afternoon session for an attempted comeback. Lunch at Tropicana. Won $2 in first 8/5 JOB hand with a flush. Figured that was enough for a tram, so I left. No trams, so I strolled back. $40 ATM. So $100 bankroll to attack dollar JOB. Every $20 seemed to turn into $40 or more. Of course I fed those white slips back and was stuck down to $94 after two excruciating hours. I then finally got my quad. $75 from three coins. They had pity on me and gifted me four sixes on the draw! I did not even know this detail until later when I checked my photo. Too busy celebrating! I was so thrilled with my $169 that I collapsed into the empty seat to my left. Right as a security guard was walking by of course. He thought that I was in extremis. He asked me if I was okay. I said yes. He followed up and asked if I needed medical attention or anything. More to placate him, I said that I was dehydrated and could use a water. He fetched one from the nearby waitress station. I did not want to make a scene. Just bad timing, as usual! I went over to the high roller room to cash out. Who did I spot at the next teller? The man who won the car last week! I was long gone and had minimal "earned entries" to begin with, so no motivation to remain. This guy is a big time high roller at Bally's high limit room. I figured that he must alternate between that one and Caesars room. I spotted his bemused photo in the Twitter feed and was fairly sure it was him with the man bun and silver mustache. Could not resist chatting. I said, "Excuse me. Did you win the car?" He said, "Yes, I did." I said congratulations and shook his hand. It was a very nice Audi. I'm sure that he damn well earned it with all of his play. It was great to wash up and leave. On my way out, I ran into yet another dog in the high limit room! This one was cuter than Tropicana's. A nice Schnauzer I believe, laying down and enjoying the AC in AC. I petted it. It was nice to relieve the stress after the two hour roller coaster I had just endured. I racked up 126 TC. This was a CET record for this low roller. I got out of town basically even, but had to land on playable machine at the end to accomplish this token achievement. Too burned out to return today.  

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

More Caesars pain Saturday. The good news is that the spigot on quarter JOB is back on. I had five quads: 75, 75, 125, 75 and 75 coins. All either four fives or four twos. These generated enough for a $20 profit. However, I did horrendous on dollar JOB. I lost $140 in under an hour. To make it even worse, the draw button on the machine was stuck. I should bring a can of WD-40 on my next visit. CET obviously has no interest in smoothly operating machines. Also, a couple was playing two machines away. They traded seats and cashed out every five hands! It was excruciating. I will DEFINITELY avoid them in the future. $1,064-$1,074 Progressive was decent. I lost my $25 FP craps bet. Four kids were playing to kill time before the Jimmy Buffett concert outside. I had gotten free tickets, but general admission on the beach in awful heat and humidity was a horrible idea. I saw him last year, so I was not especially eager. One of the four was at my JOB bank. Two watched her play and gave advice; incredibly annoying. One wandered off to multiline DDB ten feet away. In two minutes he hit the progressive Royal Flush for $1,096! I wanted to kill all of them.  Yesterday was better. I hit four quads: 125, 75, 125 and 50 coins. The third was at Bally's, where I won $50 after lunch at Resorts. I won my $25 table FP with a quick seven at craps. I made $15 net of trip cost. Hardly great for my twelve hour day. But at least I did not come home a loser yet again. I actually made $14 on dollar JOB. I was once again gambling like a drunken sailor on this game. Fortunately, I hit a $45 full house. This was a thrill, since my usual high quad is $31. I got the hell out of town.   

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Caesars pleasure Sunday. I had trouble on two ornery quarter JOBs. I finally hit a full house to yield $19 from my $25 FP. I was not willing to wrestle with this bank any longer, not with a $1,004 Progressive anyway. I voted with my feet and hit the dollar machines. Same odds, much better comp accrual. But with my $140 hourly loss last week, I was terrified. Adding to the terror were the recent payouts on the screens: $1,550 and $810 on the machines I wanted. The $810 one seemed a safer bet, so I went there. I quickly lost the $19 and inserted $100. It dipped to $96 but no lower. A steady rise made my hour of play quite serene smooth sailing. The total soon read $172. A tidy $53 profit from it tempted me to close shop, but I need that quad to feel like I have played VP. I got to $192. Once there, the goal becomes an even $200. I reached it and was still trending up. It soon hit $238, exactly doubling my machine bankroll. Perfect symmetry. Time to bow out, but for the quad. I went conservative, into total loss prevention mode. The quad came for a measly $25. I cashed out with $248. I lost my $25 table FP with a four to seven out roll. This was a minor blip I could shrug off. I went to lunch at Resorts, where I won a pair of sunglasses. I was tempted to hit the beach and ocean, but the 75% humidity was too damn muggy. I left town at the earliest opportunity with a tidy $148 gambling win. $128 net trip cost. Now this is more like it. I almost wiped out last Saturday's huge loss. The machine was a cash cow which I failed to properly milk. What an amazing  ATM. I left over $100 in the machine by going cheap! I'm really lagging behind the Joneses of this forum.     

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

What is the deal on your junkets? You pay $20 and get a ride, $25 FP and a $25 table bet? Swell deal if you ask me.