Double Double vs Triple Double

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
mrenert
Forum Newbie

Re: Double Double vs Triple Double

Post by mrenert »

I generally play the triple double because of the big payoff for 4 aces w/kicker and also the payoff for low 4 of a kinds with a kicker. I think you need a 4,000 payoff on the deal to win any of these contests. With triple double you have many more chances. Even w/o the kicker if you get 4 aces on the deal you will have a good score and may make the top 100 or so.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

I apologize if this is the wrong forum, but I have a question. I call it my K 10 dilemma in DDB. It seems like I get conflicting strategies depending on the training software source. Does anyone have a simple explanation for when to play K 10 suited, of course?

When Playing 9/6 DDB, Three to a flush with KT suited (example KT5 suited) is better than KT suited alone. When playing 9/5 DDB or worse, KT suited is only better than King only if there are no "flush penalties". In other words, if you have a card of the same suit as KT, then just hold the King only. If the other 3 cards are different suits, then you can hold KT suited.