Magic Deal Poker Strategy for DDB Players

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Magic Deal Poker Strategy for DDB Players

Post by onemoretry »

I listed out to hold one Royal Card or a 2, 3, 4 kicker card when 3 Magic Cards appear (it will take hours of play just to see it come out once).
Being a bit of a renegade, I have been playing deuces wild bonus rather than double double. In 20 sessions, i.e., 2000 deals, I have had the three magic cards dealt, I believe, a total of 5 times. It's quite a "rush" when it happens.

Twice one of the two other cards was a potential royal one. I converted to a royal twice on one of the deals, but only once on the other.

Of the other three, one was pretty much a bust - I ended up with a lot of four of a kinds, which, in deuces wild, is nothing special, with a few better hands mixed in.

The other two were very nice. On one, one of the two dealt cards was a deuce. I ended up with 4 deuces nine times, and 4 deuces with an ace, once.

And, the other was three magic cards plus two suited royal cards for the ultimate 40000 credits.

asteroid

Post by asteroid »

Ok thanks a lot Alpax. Hopefully IGT will add it to their all star suite in future versions (or I can find it in penny denomination in which case I can play multiple hands).
[QUOTE=asteroid]
Do folks think that when this game hits the floor that the player will have the option to select 1 hand to play (since this game will be offered in 3,5, and 10 lines I would guess) ?I had a chance to play it even though I am not a gold member because it is the weekly vp tournament game and I think it is a lot of fun. I would not be able to afford 10 lines, but I would definitely play 5 cent or 10 cent denomination if I could select 1 hand.thanks.

The way things are set up, it is not possible to play single line.

When you push Bet One incrementally on a 5 Play, it goes by

1 line 1 credit (1)
2 line 1 credit (2)
3 line 1 credit (3)
4 line 1 credit (4)
5 line 1 credit (5)
5 line 2 credit (10)
5 line 3 credit (15)
5 line 4 credit (20)
5 line 5 credit (25)
5 line 5 credit + Bonus Enabled (50)

I have seen Dreamcard in a single line variant on Five Star Poker. I am not sure when the next All Star Poker or Five Star will be released to potentially introduce single line.[/QUOTE]

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Being a bit of a renegade, I have been playing deuces wild bonus rather than double double. In 20 sessions, i.e., 2000 deals, I have had the three magic cards dealt, I believe, a total of 5 times. It's quite a "rush" when it happens.

Twice one of the two other cards was a potential royal one. I converted to a royal twice on one of the deals, but only once on the other.

Of the other three, one was pretty much a bust - I ended up with a lot of four of a kinds, which, in deuces wild, is nothing special, with a few better hands mixed in.

The other two were very nice. On one, one of the two dealt cards was a deuce. I ended up with 4 deuces nine times, and 4 deuces with an ace, once.

And, the other was three magic cards plus two suited royal cards for the ultimate 40000 credits.

Very nice hits! I think you've figured out what Webman was hinting towards earlier to give yourself a chance at winning this contest.

In what may or may not be a controversial decision, the first Magic Card contest will not feature TDB.Strategically, that should make for some interesting decisions given the bonus frequencies as noted above (for those who take the time to think about it).

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

thanks everyone

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Just to illustrate how cruel and frustrating video poker can be at times - playing deuces wild bonus, I just received three magic cards on the deal again. One of the two other cards was an ace. In ten tries, hoping to draw either a king through ten suited with the ace for a royal, or a deuce for four deuces with an ace, I hit none. I drew an ace, for five aces, and a low card suited with the ace for a straight flush, and that was it!

alpax
Video Poker Master

Post by alpax »

Thanks for sharing a honest account, OMT.

That was a really brutal draw, with minimal improvements.

Though there is a higher frequency of Magic Cards, Bonus DW does not have a earning floor like DDB does where anything you do you will get at least 250 credits where as quads in DW is worth 20 credits.

I am well aware you are not a fan of DDB from past posts, and I am not either. I am not oblivious to how much more popular DDB is compared to all others, hence I went with the strategy of the more appealing game to hopefully bring interest.