Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Re: Watch Those W-2Gs

Post by Carcounter »

FloridaPhil wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:23 am
Waiting4RF wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:58 am
Just wondering how do you prove you are in Florida more than northeast to Uncle Sam? I guess if you can work from home that may work.
You need to establish residency in Florida by applying for a homestead exemption. You will need a Florida driver's license, tags on your car and a Florida voter's registration. Even then, the Northeast States can audit you. You must be able to prove to their satisfaction that you spend more of your time in Florida. This can be done with credit card receipts, Etc.

About 900 people a day move to Florida. They are not coming here for the video poker. :lol:

My wife and I have lived here all our lives. Florida has changed a lot over that period of time. Most people think Florida is beaches, big hotels and theme parks. We live on the edge of the Ocala National Forest. Our house overlooks the Harris Chain of lakes with 50,000 acres of water. Orlando is 30 minutes away. We think it's paradise. Every area of the country has some issues. We have hurricanes and alligators. Neither are a big problem if you respect them.
What about the snakes? Any poisonous ones?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

FloridaPhil wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:23 am
Waiting4RF wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:58 am
Just wondering how do you prove you are in Florida more than northeast to Uncle Sam? I guess if you can work from home that may work.
You need to establish residency in Florida by applying for a homestead exemption. You will need a Florida driver's license, tags on your car and a Florida voter's registration. Even then, the Northeast States can audit you. You must be able to prove to their satisfaction that you spend more of your time in Florida. This can be done with credit card receipts, Etc.

About 900 people a day move to Florida. They are not coming here for the video poker. :lol:

My wife and I have lived here all our lives. Florida has changed a lot over that period of time. Most people think Florida is beaches, big hotels and theme parks. We live on the edge of the Ocala National Forest. Our house overlooks the Harris Chain of lakes with 50,000 acres of water. Orlando is 30 minutes away. We think it's paradise. Every area of the country has some issues. We have hurricanes and alligators. Neither are a big problem if you respect them.
Phil, I don't mind the Gators, but what about the snakes? Must be all over the place.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Carcounter wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:50 am
What about the snakes? Any poisonous ones?
A few. I am seventy two years young. In my younger days, I did a lot of hunting and fishing in the everglades. I used to fish all night by myself 30 miles out in the swamp. I have only seen 3-4 poisonous snakes outside of a zoo in my life. Most of the deadly snakes people see are harmless. If you see a snake, the best thing to do is leave him alone. The same thing applies to gators. I actually fear sharks more than snakes and alligators. Fishing offshore has showed me what's in the water and I don't want any part of it. That's why they make swimming pools.

South Florida has a problem with alien species. Pythons in the everglades are real. The best way to get ride of them is to put a bounty on them and let the Florida boys do the rest. These days I do not shoot warm blooded animals of any kind. I would shoot a python in a NY minute. Most people in Florida will never face any danger worse than driving our highways. For that reason, I drive back roads and stay off the expressway.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Recently saw an article that said one way of controlling the python situation was you implant transmitters in the males and follow them to the females during mating season and the take the females out with their eggs. Makes sense.Did you just say most of the deadly snakes are harmless? I know there are pythons in the Everglades, but I was playing golf at the Lake Buena Vista course at Disney a few years ago and the starter told us not to go into the woods on the first hole because there was a python in there. In Orlando? Didn't believe him, but wasn't going to find out.

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

Carcounter wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:22 am
Recently saw an article that said one way of controlling the python situation was you implant transmitters in the males and follow them to the females during mating season and the take the females out with their eggs. Makes sense.Did you just say most of the deadly snakes are harmless? I know there are pythons in the Everglades, but I was playing golf at the Lake Buena Vista course at Disney a few years ago and the starter told us not to go into the woods on the first hole because there was a python in there. In Orlando? Didn't believe him, but wasn't going to find out.
I think he was having some fun with you. As far as I know there is not a python problem in Orlando. What happen is someone's pet snake escapes or gets too big to keep and is released. Central Florida's weather is colder than down south. The biggest issue with Alligators is small pets. A small dog looks like an ice cream cone to an alligator. People are always asking us if alligators eat water skiers. As a fisherman, I wish they would but they don't.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Few pythons are capable of really hurting a grown human. They are more a threat to past and small kids.
In the desert, it's usually the small species that are more dangerous.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

6647D086-1A31-4CF5-9C72-C33EA534DBFD.png

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Yep, That's the article.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

billryan wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:45 am
Few pythons are capable of really hurting a grown human. They are more a threat to past and small kids.
In the desert, it's usually the small species that are more dangerous.
Playing golf in Arizona a while ago and the starter says "don't go into the desert looking for your ball without a club". Didn't have to ask why.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

A six shooter too just in case. I prefer to live and let live. Except for flies and mosquitos.