Game King RNG's

Who has your favorite video poker games? Who should have more?
vpguy3

Re: Game King RNG's

Post by vpguy3 »

I may switch machines but more for change of scenery than trying to fall into some imagined RNG cycle, that is in our heads not the RNG. You could change the RNG pattern just as effectively by simply slowing your play or order a drink and wait until it comes to start up again. By that time the RNG would have shuffled a gadzillion times and it would be as if you changed machines. Just my opinion although I have to admit that there have been times that I hit some good pots after changing machines. OTOH, I have also had good hits after changing my rate of play, i.e. slow down, stop for sixty seconds or speed up. OEJ may have something there!!

shadowman
Video Poker Master

Post by shadowman »

This should get some good reactions.  I can't wait!!

If you were to search back through the archives you would already know the answer to this question.

It doesn't matter.

That said, I switch machines sometimes. Many people here do. I know it does not matter but I personally hate to just feed the same machine. Something to do with an old saying about beating one's head against a wall.  It also clears out any negative thinking I may have fallen into.

faygo
Video Poker Master

Post by faygo »

I switch because the guy on my right is a jinx.

vpguy3

Post by vpguy3 »

Now that I think about it, I have switched because someone sits down next to me to play keno and that music drives me CRAZY!!

oej719
Video Poker Master

Post by oej719 »

That keno music does that to me too. Especially the one with the monkeys screaming.

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

The idea I have a problem when the RNG is discussed most of you talk like it is a sin to go to another machine if yours is not paying?

No one has said that it's bad to move to another machine.  There's just no advantage to be had in moving.  One session you may start on one machine, then move to another machine and do better than you would have done if you stayed at the first machine.  The next session you may start on one machine, move to another and do about the same as you would have by staying at the first machine.  The session after that you may move to another machine and do worse than you would have by staying at the first machine.  It averages out,

cddenver
Video Poker Master

Post by cddenver »

That said, I switch machines sometimes. Many people here do. I know it does not matter but I personally hate to just feed the same machine. Something to do with an old saying about beating one's head against a wall.  It also clears out any negative thinking I may have fallen into.

In my case, if I feel the need to move I go to another bank completely.  That's because I know that if I stay at the same bank, someone will sit down at the machine I vacated and hit The Big One.  So at least I don't have to see it. 

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Man I was jumping from machine to machine like crazy towards the end of my trip.

That was mostly to play different games and amounts though and once because my machine had a broken light. I never did it for a change in luck by any means. Or I would cash out a ticket, take a short walk, then stick the ticket back in another machine closer by.

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Man I was jumping from machine to machine like crazy towards the end of my trip.

That was mostly to play different games and amounts though and once because my machine had a broken light. I never did it for a change in luck by any means. Or I would cash out a ticket, take a short walk, then stick the ticket back in another machine closer by. There are many MANY legitimate reasons to switch machines.A good view of the big screen TV during the SuperBowl.A fanatic who has been sitting at the same machine for 7 days and nights who is in dyer need of a dunking!The person next to you is telling you how to playThe buxom blond with the hiccups sitting next to an empty machine.This past Friday night I played at the Golden Eagle in Kansas.  There are four OLD coin droppers in the very back that have 9/7 DB on them but, they also have KENO.  It is always difficult to get one of those machines because of the campers playing Keno on them.  So, I would play the lesser pay-table games and systematically check those machines to see if one had miraculously become available.  Each time I'd do this, I'd lose my other machine and would have to change.  In fact, I was doing so horribly on the 9/6 DB and 8/5 DDB that I just quit playing VP entirely and retired to the Blackjack tables where I recouped almost all of what I'd lost on VP.That seems to be my mode of operation here of late.  Either I'm not giving VP a good chance or I'm not playing correctly.  I do not think it is the later though I could make a good case for it in that I'm having to play short-pay machines! Blackjack has been good to me but it sure becomes boring in the amount of action it provides compared to VP.

jm002546

Post by jm002546 »

As to #3, if you played as fast as Shadow that would never be a problem -the blur is impossible to interpret and, thus, criticize.