Forum load speed

Comments and suggestions about VideoPoker.com
Webman
Video Poker Master

Forum load speed

Post by Webman »

Sometimes the forum is extremely slow to load, loading is parts and taking forever to display. Some of you have reported this in the past and it is intermittent but occurs often enough that I want to try to correct it now.I noticed the slowdown is going on right now, so it seems like a good time to try.  Over then next 10 minutes or so things might get a little quirky as I implement the new scheme I've built out, but then hopefully things will start loading more quickly and we won't run into those slowdown issues on forum pages in the future.Stand by and I will post back when it is completed. After that please let me know if you experience the similar long lag time. Of course, some load time is to be expected and this will always vary over time. We just shouldn't have the 30-90 second delays that have been experienced before.Thanks,Webman

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Okay, should be set.  As you may notice, some of the ads will still take some time to load.  It is the ad server load time that was slowing things down, but only on certain sponsor ads (since those are pulled remotely).The main content on the page should load much faster going forward as I am loading it independently.  Please report if you experience otherwise.-The Management

MikeA
Video Poker Master

Post by MikeA »

Okay, should be set.  As you may notice, some of the ads will still take some time to load.  It is the ad server load time that was slowing things down, but only on certain sponsor ads (since those are pulled remotely).The main content on the page should load much faster going forward as I am loading it independently.  Please report if you experience otherwise.-The Management
I like it JUST the way it is right now!  Don't change a thing WM!!!!!!!  Please???????