Four Winds New Buffalo, MI - stubbed my toe

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Four Winds New Buffalo, MI - stubbed my toe

Post by Tedlark »

Well I had my packages wrapped with care and under the tree so I decided to take a late night Christmas Eve drive in my sleigh to Four Winds New Buffalo, MI.

The place was really empty so I was hopeful that I'd be able to sit right down at my favorite Dream Card machine. As I rounded the corner, they were both unoccupied. When I got closer I noticed that, much to my dismay, they had replaced my old favorites with new machines.

I decided to say what the heck and give it a try. I seeded the machine and before long, my $1,000.00 was vaporized. The best I could manage was dealt quad 9's while playing .10 denomination. To say that I was in disbelief was an understatement. I got up from the machine, dejected.

I then walked over to my favorite All Star II machine to try 10 hand TDB. Before long, THAT $1,000.00 too: was vaporized.

So, ghosts of $2,000.00 past, I walked out of Four Winds, probably for the last time. Their only attraction to me was the two original Dream Card machines and now that they are gone I have no reason to go back. Oh well.....

Merry Christmas everyone.

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Ted you and the stock market bombed out on Christmas eve. Hope for a comeback in the near future.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Thanks OTA, good luck to you too. I'm thinking now of revamping my play in 2019, going to Las Vegas every 2 or 3 months and not playing locally anymore. I can get airfare relatively cheap if I can be flexible with the dates plus all the comped rooms I need.

Azure Dragon

Post by Azure Dragon »

Sorry you didn't have a good run Ted. :( Here's hoping you'll have a great 2019 in Vegas. :)

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

What a lousy way to end the year. My condolences.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

Yep, up until now it was a pretty good run. I went early last Sunday morning to pick up my Shell gas cards from Hollywood Joliet plus I was too close to Producer level not to try and get it. I ended up getting the points I needed and I was only down $300.00. I decided to try an All Star II machine that was open and I wanted to play small because I still had some time before picking up the gas cards. I started at the .10 denom and playing 10 play TDB I hit AWAK for $400.00. I was still playing a while and up down, up down, when I caught a $400.00 royal. I decided to up it to .25 denom and I was down about $350.00 when I caught AWAK again for a grand. I immediately cashed out up $650.00, went to the player's club and picked up my gas cards and got out of Dodge.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

At least you killed it on Sunday. You're lucky on 90% of your trips. Every day can't be Christmas.

doris13
Video Poker Master

Post by doris13 »

almost sounds like my last trip to AC trip.better luck in 2019

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

What'd 3 Winds (I lost a wind lol) replace the Dream Card with? New style Dream Card?

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

That blows about them DC machines taken out. I have also had a bad month of Dec but a great year over all. Also thinking about changes in my game for 2019. Happy holidays all!