The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

can 1 big win be a game changer?

Post by stevel96a1 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5y2SuLGi1Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpAquNDtYHU&t=437s

i also see alot of 50k winners and upwards of that in nj atlantic city 2018 PDF

the people who play high limit gambling and win that type of amount are life time losers?
or just scaled up if they continue to play they will drop back down to 0 and evenutally - negative?

50k-200k can alter my life drastically and im sure many of everyone else on here, theres alot of youtube host who gambling every day high limit and able to see this on their youtube chnanels. and im sure the thats just 0.3% of what we see who gambles high limit and do not film.

so are these guys just gambling on their gamblings? or taking funds from there large bank accounts to gamble?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

My guess is it would be a mix of all of the above. There isn't one single picture of a high limit player.

In general, I think of high limit players as more casual (possibly less skilled) but incredibly wealthy. I'm probably wrong about that. And of course there would be some very notable exceptions to that generalization.

Some folks just take a quick shot at high limit games with a lower bankroll. But probably not the people who take the time to film it. Maybe. It's not a world I'm particularly familiar with as you can tell. :lol:

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

im not familiar either but im here to figure out, to me 5$ a turn or 10$ a turn would be high limit imo

Bart was doing 50 a hand and other youtube channel 20$ a turn and theres many others slot lady/lady luck and countless others

so i wonder there gambling with there gamblings or using their own cash?

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

Well... that simply depends on if they are ahead, behind, or just getting started. :)

I have played a few hands of $5 for grins (literally... a few hands). But never $10.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

some are 6 months in others are 2 years , the nj slot guy said hes been doing this before he got the idea of filming his actions. i think slot lady has 9 months in, so these guys will go broke after a year? or the funds from their gamblings will dry up and have to get funds from some place else? if i hit 50k or 200k like bart id take a long deserve break :D

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I’m familiar with several of these characters. Some of course are very wealthy and can gamble any way and amount they want. I agree most are not very skilled at vp. Others are addicts and total losers and many are retirees who have no debt and just play with their lifetime savings and current earings and investments. Either way, mst all are long term losers.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

i think your right Olds, when i first started VP i went off with 1.25 a bet and i got ahead early in my career, and royals rolled in until they dried up so i was thinking if i was reckless or properly bankrolled i could have won a nice sum of cash like these guys and i would have hit my target, and i wonder since there all playing 5-25$ a turn not 1.25 are they ahead in there endeavor? and can they stay ahead forever?

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

There is a famous picture of a $400,000.00 royal that professional poker player Huck Seed hit a few years ago. It was on a $100.00 denomination single line machine and I believe that he mentioned having about $40,000.00 into the machine before he hit it. I also believe that he was playing with a syndicate's money and not just his own but I could be wrong on that.

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

stevel96a1 wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 am
i wonder since there all playing 5-25$ a turn not 1.25 are they ahead in there endeavor? and can they stay ahead forever?
There are too many unknowns to answer those questions properly.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

=/