Slot machine > video poker machine?

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Slot machine > video poker machine?

Post by stevel96a1 »

i wish to conduct a test, battle between video poker vs slot machine,
i watched nj slot guy put 500$ in a slot machine and and pulled out 3 grand in under 8min
i played video poker alot and only hit two royals that were very close to each other time wise span.

so im watching this guys channel and he has wins to match his losses but his win frequencies seem to be stronger than any video poker machine out there from my experience and he claims he never edits a video nor does he interferes with anything what you see is what you get.

and so far what he says about the newer machines how its harder to hit a bonus round is true as much as he says when you do get that bonus hardly anything comes out of it, two dots make a line sure enough my wife lost her bankroll at the newer slot machines and bonus was a epic failer

if anything else i may try a test scaled down to 100$ each one for vp and other slots if no one has any information and i will report back the results the gaming houses will be atlantic city

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

He CLAIMS that he doesn't edit. I would guess he's a liar.

New2vp
Video Poker Master

Post by New2vp »

I have a friend who made a hole in one and has it on videotape. If he loaded it on YouTube, I'm fairly certain that I would not believe either that it was a frequent occurrence for him or that I should take golf lessons from him.

I will concede that it was fun to watch, though.

My guess is that not too many people will change their behavior based upon how your test turns out. But good luck.
Last edited by New2vp on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

New2vp wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:05 pm
I have a friend who made a hole in one and has it on videotape. If he loaded it on YouTube, I'm fairly certain that I would not believe either that it was a frequent occurrence for him or that I should take golf lessons from him.

I will concede that it was fun to watch, though.

My guess is that not too many people will change their behavior based upon how your test turns out. But good luck.
Well if he has something like a go pro, he could tape all his golf. Most regular golfers that don't suck (like me) eventually get a hole in one. Just like regular VP players eventually get a royal. The best for me I think was about 6 inches away once. One of my very rare birdies. Lol

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Interesting experiment.
Will five $20 bills burn longer than one hundred dollar bill?

Remember, good results must mean they can be easily duplicated so this experiment must be done several dozen times.
I look forward to your results.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

i will have to find a 9/6 jacks 1.25 machine or 400 credits vs a slot machine max bet 1.25 400 credits

my target would be double 50% of 100 or go broke.

it would have to be older version of slot machines in atlantic city maybe tropicana slot machine with the cherries , and caesars 9/6 jacks

right now my gut says jacks will be the winner but who knows and your right id have to test it 10 times over thats a bit pricey 1k$ each

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

I have a friend who plays dollar slots mostly the old style version. His coin in for the year is roughly what mine his. That year he was plus for the year by 30 k or so. I was negative 50 k for the year playing just vp. . Unfortunately, even a year of play is still considered to be short term in the real world. I would like to see the results as well but they will still be considered short term in my opinion

Eduardo
Video Poker Master

Post by Eduardo »

You are the king of undersampling and drawing conclusions. I look forward to the results.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

Eduardo wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:11 pm
You are the king of undersampling and drawing conclusions. I look forward to the results.
well i don't have access to 2 grand that im willing to split into 1 each and play 1k$ poker and 1k$ old slot machine

so i need to scale down to 100$ ea. unless 9 more on here wish to volunteer i will have to wait for my birthday which is several months until then its the waiting game

my hunch says slot machine is gonna win especially if i play 9/6 jacks thats a 5% chance of doubling half of a 100$ but slot machine will be a 50/50 i either will get that good hits in or i wont

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

stevel96a1 wrote:
Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:34 pm
... but slot machine will be a 50/50 i either will get that good hits in or i wont
Using that same logic, (or lack thereof), drawing for a royal is also a 50/50 proposition - either you hit it, or you don't.