New2vp
Video Poker Master

Re: If your only goal is a hand pay...

Post by New2vp »

Funny … and tragic!

MGVP
Forum Newbie

Post by MGVP »

When you do get a hand pay, don't make the same mistake I recently made. Was playing a progressive on a bank of 10 machines that had to pay a jackpot on a randomly selected machine at a randomly selected number between $1000-$2000. My machine was chosen and the payout was $1649. I received the jackpot money, signed the forms, and left to go play a different machine. (I had been playing on this one only because the jackpot was high enough to make it playable.) In the commotion of forms, payouts, and tipping the slot hostess, I neglected to cash out the $55 of play I still had in the machine. Within a couple of minutes I realized my mistake and went back to the machine. Sure enough, someone had spotted the balance, pulled out the ticket, and then cashed it pronto. When I got a slot hostess to help me she said they could put a stop payment on the ticket (utilizing the machine number) if it hadn't been cashed. Alas, someone had wasted no time and had already collected the money. A word to the wise: when you get your hand pay it will be for only the jackpot amount. The funds you had put into the machine will still be there. Don't forget to collect them!

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

Great story. I will take photos, then cash out proper and tip the attendant- with my player card. Trash this for me. Peace out!

FloridaPhil
Video Poker Master

Post by FloridaPhil »

This happened to me once in Vegas at NY NY. Security looked on their cameras. They saw who took it and rebated me the money I left in the machine. Classy...

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

MGVP wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:12 pm
When you do get a hand pay, don't make the same mistake I recently made. Was playing a progressive on a bank of 10 machines that had to pay a jackpot on a randomly selected machine at a randomly selected number between $1000-$2000. My machine was chosen and the payout was $1649. I received the jackpot money, signed the forms, and left to go play a different machine. (I had been playing on this one only because the jackpot was high enough to make it playable.) In the commotion of forms, payouts, and tipping the slot hostess, I neglected to cash out the $55 of play I still had in the machine. Within a couple of minutes I realized my mistake and went back to the machine. Sure enough, someone had spotted the balance, pulled out the ticket, and then cashed it pronto. When I got a slot hostess to help me she said they could put a stop payment on the ticket (utilizing the machine number) if it hadn't been cashed. Alas, someone had wasted no time and had already collected the money. A word to the wise: when you get your hand pay it will be for only the jackpot amount. The funds you had put into the machine will still be there. Don't forget to collect them!
Ugh. At least it was only $55. I've read similar stories where it was in the hundreds. Congrats on getting the jackpot though!

And was this those poker progressives at Red Rock that randomly award the jackpot? I wouldn't be convinced that $1649 was a great point to play it at since the base game is only 8/5 DDB (96.79%), iirc. It all depends on the hit frequency of the progressive, which I have no idea what that is.

Any idea how fast the meter moves?