Super Bowl

Talk about your new shoes, new car, or UFO's!
jetermacaw
VP Veteran

Super Bowl

Post by jetermacaw »

With no dog in the fight, does anyone have any predictions ? And is Tom Brady win or lose now the GOAT?

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

I have bet against the Patriots the first 2 playoff games and lost. So now I will take them in the Super Bowl. Of course that means they will lose. Still gonna take them. I think they still haven't gotten over last year's loss to the Eagles.

Chicagoan

Post by Chicagoan »

Maybe not for others, but for me this will be a tainted Super Bowl because of the actions of the ref during the final minutes of regulation in the Rams-Saints game. We can say this or say that about coulda, woulda, shoulda, but the indisputable fact is that the Saints had a computer-generated 98% chance of winning when that pass was thrown. Had pass interference or helmet-to-helmet been called, it would have been first down on the 7-yard line and New Orleans could have run out the clock and then kicked the winning field goal on 4th down with 5 seconds left. The Rams player who committed the pass interference has stated to reporters that he was shocked when he was not flagged. This is the sort of incident that detracts from the integrity of the game.

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

hey carcounter , if I am physically in nj I too will wager on new england.i have an account with fanduel.again, nice tip u gave to the waitress !!!!!!

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Bad calls happen. Stuff happens. Bears got screwed by the direction a ball bounced. Twice.
Saints got screwed on a non call. FIDO. Giants lost a playoff game on a much worse non-call a
few years back.
I think the computer generated 98% is a bunch of hooey.
The Super Bowl is more of a party than a real game.
Like to see Pats lose but I doubt that happens. Bellacheat simply plays the game on a different level than anyone else.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

Bill, you are probably referring to the pass interference call that was not called on the last play of the 2002 game against the 49ers. On the botched field goal. Guy was knocked to the ground just short of the goaline. This non call in the Saints game was a disgrace though.

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

Yes, it was bad. Now move on.

Galeygoo
VP Veteran

Post by Galeygoo »

Chicagoan wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:45 am
Maybe not for others, but for me this will be a tainted Super Bowl because of the actions of the ref during the final minutes of regulation in the Rams-Saints game. We can say this or say that about coulda, woulda, shoulda, but the indisputable fact is that the Saints had a computer-generated 98% chance of winning when that pass was thrown. Had pass interference or helmet-to-helmet been called, it would have been first down on the 7-yard line and New Orleans could have run out the clock and then kicked the winning field goal on 4th down with 5 seconds left. The Rams player who committed the pass interference has stated to reporters that he was shocked when he was not flagged. This is the sort of incident that detracts from the integrity of the game.
As usual, eloquently stated, Chicagoan - Bravo!! I believe the officiating this WHOLE season has been atrocious and I can't believe how many "bad calls" and ridiculous "non calls" that have been made. The WORST, being the blatant no call that would have given The Saints the win that was deserved.

I have never been a Tom Brady fan and, like Chicagoan, feel this years Super Bowl is tainted and have absolutely no interest in watching. What a disappointing outcome.

Get to work, Mr Goodell; before you lose MORE viewers for completely different reasons than last year ...

kennybobby

Post by kennybobby »

If we can do the could've,would've,should've what-ifs.... how bout we don't line up in the neutral zone and then the AFC has a different entry into the party...
oh well, what-if...

on that note, congrats to the patriots...to be the man, ya gotta beat the man
Last edited by kennybobby on Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

NFL will certainly move on to a tainted, soupy Supe. But massive rule changes are afoot. Sports gambling will ignite change from the laissez faire inertia to which we have been subjected. It's like the local fatality prompting safer traffic patterns/roads.