Tough Trip to Las Vegas

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Re: Tough Trip to Las Vegas

Post by onemoretry »

Our trip to Vegas ended somewhat similarly to the way it started, with a lousy day for flying. We flew back to Buffalo on Feb.14. When we arose on the morning of the 14th, it was raining. At our scheduled departure time of 11:45 am, it was still raining. And, when we finally left at around 2:30pm, you guessed it - it was still raining. Who says it never rains in Vegas? Actually, it appeared that the entire western US had poor weather that day, as there were multiple flight delays and cancellations.

There was a bit of a bright spot on the way home. When we attempted to pay for our drinks with some Southwest coupons we had on hand, the attendant said that, because of the delays, he would not charge us for our drinks. I commented to him as we were departing the aircraft that it was probably a good thing that he did not advise everyone in advance that drinks would be complimentary. He nodded and smiled.

February was definitely not a very kind video poker month for me. I did have that $2000 royal at Seneca Niagara at the start of the trip - but that was it as far as royals go. I played about 66300 hands in Vegas this trip, 31600 at the M, 900 at the Rio, and 33800 at Main Street Station.

The play at the M was mostly multiline 25c airport deuces, with a small amount of single line NSU deuces mixed in. I was down $1405 at the machines there, which was offset a bit by a $50 drawing win and $265 in cashback. I did have 5 sets of deuces there, but that was, obviously, not near enough to overcome a lot of poor hands.

We played just a wee bit of single line $! 8/5 bonus poker at the Rio, to ensure that our reward credit balance would stay intact. I did manage a $200 win there.

At Main Street Station, the play was almost exclusively on 25c multi line, (3,5,or10) 8/5 bonus poker. The highlight there was being dealt the four aces while playing 5 line BP. Unfortunately, there weren't too many other highlights there, either, and I ended up down $795 on the machines. Cashback of $135, $144 in scratch cards, and a $100 for a 21st place finish in a video poker tournament reduced the loss there to $416. I did get a $5 scratch card!

A nice thing that happened at Main Street Station, preceded, unfortunately, by yet another boneheaded move on my part, was recovering $150 that I left in a machine.

Once I realized what I had done, I had more or less decided to eat the loss. The next day, however, I did go to security to ask, if by some miracle, a ticket had been turned in. I was referred, instead, to slot personnel, since that is where it would end up. When I explained to one of the slot attendants what I had done (Sherry is her name) she asked me which machine it was. When I told her, she said: I have it for you! She took me took me over to the cashier's cage and retrieved the ticket for me. It sure was nice to get that $150 back (less the $20 tip).

Overall, then, I was down about $500 for the trip. My wife, despite a couple of royals in Vegas, was down about the same. You certainly can"t win all the time.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That’s not bad all for a Vegas trip. Glad you guys got home ok.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

LV RF goose egg a bummer. Saved by Niagara. Go figure.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Not a bad trip at all! Thanks for sharing!

I lost a Tito this weekend worth about $80. Fortunately an employee or good samaritan turned it in, or a dumb thief didn't cash it immediately. I got hand paid about an hour later when they reviewed things.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

That must have been an ultra downer vman when you first realized the loss. Glad it had a good ending.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

And yes thanks for sharing the trio report OMT