Average bankroll needed for 8hrs .25 JOB?

Discuss proper hold strategies and "advantage play" and ask questions about how to improve your play.
Tonymerchant
Forum Newbie

Average bankroll needed for 8hrs .25 JOB?

Post by Tonymerchant »

How’s it goin. Just trying to see what bankroll is needed for say 8hrs of Quarter min JOB

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

I don't go with less then $500 if 8 to 10 hour session on 9/6 JOB

bda3
Forum Newbie

Post by bda3 »

^^^^

Katch
Forum Rookie

Post by Katch »

Back of the napkin estimate for .25 single line 9/6 JOB, assuming you play perfect, would be 10% of your coin-in as a pretty safe number...if you play 800 hands/hr (800*$1.25*8*.1)= $800. You can plug in whatever numbers make sense for you but I've found this lines up pretty well to a low ROR calculation with more specifics.

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

I never could (or did) figure out my hands per hour... I figure it's too much calculations. I play 3 up DDB. I keep the machine on the "slow" speed but since that's my game 100 % of the time I am pretty quick at analyzing and pushing the buttons. Usually push new hand before the coins add up. ((Pet peeve is people sitting at their machine waiting for the "dingding" to finish during 4oak payout)) What would you say is "average" hands per hour or coin in for me?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

What do you mean by "3 up"?

Bobbi

Post by Bobbi »

Three hands at a time.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

That's the first time I've ever seen multi line play referred to that way. If you were playing a seven line game, would you be having a refreshing seven up? (Sorry, couldn't resist that one).

Determining your number of deals per hour is not really a monumental mathematical undertaking, assuming you are playing with a card in the machine which is displaying a changing point total, and you know what it takes to earn a point.

Pick a time frame (easiest would be one hour), determine points earned in the hour, convert to coinin using your knowledge of what it takes to earn a point, and divide by the wager per hand to get the number of hands.

FAA
Video Poker Master

Post by FAA »

So we’re talking 1,500 hands/hour. Plan on a long lunch.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Run out of time, run out of dimes, no matter what I bring, the bell fails to ring. Should I stay? Maybe the machine will pay! Maybe just grab some lunch. I probably could save a bunch. But then again, I have a hunch. In my pocket are some ouster crackers I can munch. My waitress will bring me a beer. I’m getting old, while my machine stays cold. Olds I am, c’mon machine. I wanna say BAM!!!