stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Re: Another Single Coin Royal

Post by stevel96a1 »

seems unfair

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

he spreads propaganda married to mama ganda ,florida phil that is. still cant spell, oh well.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

FloridaPhil wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:25 pm
We can banter back and forth forever, or we can get right down to it. If you only have two choices, playing single coin dollar 98.9% Deuces Wild or 97.055% max coin five quarter Deuces Wild, which is the better choice? Don't say you wouldn't play. That's not an answer.
Phil, it seems you have the financial ability to play .50 max coin 98.9% deuces. Might require a little more bankroll, but still would be my option.

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

If Phil wants to play single coin then he will play single coin, imo he should just stick with a 250$ br and 20$ pot shot each trip, every hour seems risky.

his suspension seems unfair and invalid and should be lifted with all fairness

i enjoy reading the forums from this site especially what Phil posts.

it would be ashame to lose Phil to something so minor...

advantage playe
Video Poker Master

Post by advantage playe »

he will be back,better than ever I hope !

OTABILL
Video Poker Master

Post by OTABILL »

Webman wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:50 am
FloridaPhil has been suspended for one week on the following grounds:

1) He's posted pretty much that exact post several times before and it has already been discussed several times before. The repetition is a nuisance.

2) "This forum is functionally useless to the vast majority of small time video poker players who out number advantage players millions to one." That's fine to have that opinion of course, but... "Our members choose to ignore the fact that most VP games are negative." This is false. I don't think there is a single member this actually applies to, much less all of them. And finally, "The more hands you play or the bigger you play, the more you lose. Why am I upset with the expert? Because he won't teach people this." This is ridiculously untrue.
I am disturbed by your decision to suspend FP, particularly for reason #2. I agree, and have commented in the past, on his tendency to be verbose and repeatedly post the same points ad nauseum. However, he has not been verbally abusive nor used profanity recently. When he did in the past, you were correct to suspend him (and others). When FP opines or states something that members find incorrect/untrue or over the top, it can be, and has been, refuted by numerous forum participants. There are others on this board who repeatedly have reiterated the same points, sometimes using pejorative language that can be construed as a put down of many VP recreational players. You have not suspended them, a decision with which I agree. Folks should be able to express their views whether one agrees or disagrees with them. That’s why singling out FP is disturbing for reason #2. Regarding reason #1, simply removing obviously duplicative posts or editing out repetitive language may be a better alternative than suspension.

For FP: You are not doing yourself any favor by your tendency to continually repeat yourself verbosely. It is counter-productive and as Webman points out is a nuisance.

Just my perspective. This does not constitute agreement or disagreement with the sentiments expressed previously by members in this topic.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

Thank you for the feedback.

To clarify point 2, the nature of those comments were also repetitively false. Just saying them once would not be grounds for suspension (evidenced by the previous 2,3,4 or more times they were said and there was no suspension). This gives people the opportunity to correct inaccurate information. That sort of dialog can be healthy.

But going on making false claims is not good for anyone. That goes beyond the annoyance of simple repetition (#1) and enters new territory when the information repeated is inaccurate (#2).

As an example, if someone claims that 10x multipliers never come up in a game and then they are shown that they do, no harm. But if they go on making a new post every month saying 10x multipliers never come up, at some point that just has to stop. Yes, we could continually go and remove those posts every time, but we should not have to.

Phil has pledged several times to stop making posts of this nature and stick to reporting his experiences. If he would do so, there would be very little argument from any other members and also no risk of repetition.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

UNFAIR IS UNFAIR!!! The rationale is used selectively shame on you webman !!!!

stevel96a1
Video Poker Master

Post by stevel96a1 »

agreed

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

He was told to stop doing what he was doing, or he would be suspended. He kept doing it anyway, so he was suspended. What's unfair about that?