Progressive FAIL - Has this ever happened to anyone?

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
Lcats
Forum Newbie

Progressive FAIL - Has this ever happened to anyone?

Post by Lcats »

We were at Main St. Station in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and my husband was playing for a Progressive Jackpot on a row of 8 Double Double Bonus Poker machines. The jackpot was up to $1,900 and everyone was focused on hitting the royal. My husband was dealt 3 cards to the royal and he pushed deal. The "Call Attendant" sign popped up on the screen for a split second, he blinked and it disappeared. The guy 2 seats over won the royal! Was my husband robbed of this jackpot? Was he too slow on the draw? What happened? Epic progressive fail. Has this ever happened to anyone before?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Could they have been virtually simultaneous?

Lcats
Forum Newbie

Post by Lcats »

The guy was probably a split second faster. =/

damule
VP Veteran

Post by damule »

I'm assuming after he held the 3 cards to the royal, he did not hit the royal flush himself? Or, if he did, it was for the base amount of probably $1000. The machines are not linked to a stack of results in Nevada, they all have their own individual RNGs (Random Number Generators). However, progressive machines do share a progressive piggy bank or banks (such as if there are progressives for other high jackpots like Quad Aces). Did the progressive payout for the royal flush reset back down to $1000 after the "Call Attendant" message appeared? Most likely the other player on the bank hit the royal flush and the other machines in the bank froze temporarily so the pay table on each machine could adjust the royal flush payout. While the machine froze, the system displayed "Call Attendant" until the payout adjusted and the machines released for play again. I've had machines freeze and display "Call Attendant" when access doors on the machine aren't latched completely as well. I doubt highly that your husband was robbed of the progressive by the other player. No Epic Progressive Fail here, just wasn't his turn. Good luck!

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

Ouch... at least he didn't get a W2G I suppose.

Lcats
Forum Newbie

Post by Lcats »

I was just joking about my husband being robbed of the jackpot and there were no hard feelings that the guy won. This was just odd and never witnessed before.

Vman96
Video Poker Master

Post by Vman96 »

I also saw a progressive fail last week. Lol
Attachments
20190401_234010.jpg