Suspensions

The lighter side... playing for entertainment, less concerned about "the math."
DougJ

Suspensions

Post by DougJ »

Rarely bother with this forum. Always filled with vitriol from a select entitled few. Now, I read that the webman dude suspended Florida Phil.

Reading the reasons from the web dude is laughable. Of course, the thread is locked.

Wow, so a person is repetitive and posts the same thing (allegedly) over and over. And, therefore, since we have millions of people who care about this forum, and read it, (heh, heh), thus it is a NUISANCE to have so-called repetitive posts. Okee dokee.

Well, apparently folks don't know how to ignore a poster or posts . . . a few are fairly vocal and regularly abusive, while hiding behind their keyboards. One in particular is leery of losing their credibility, (heh heh, famous in their own minds).

Tsk Tsk. Web dude knows on what side their bread is buttered. Sycophants.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

DougJ wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:02 pm
Rarely bother with this forum. Always filled with vitriol from a select entitled few. Now, I read that the webman dude suspended Florida Phil.

Reading the reasons from the web dude is laughable. Of course, the thread is locked.

Wow, so a person is repetitive and posts the same thing (allegedly) over and over. And, therefore, since we have millions of people who care about this forum, and read it, (heh, heh), thus it is a NUISANCE to have so-called repetitive posts. Okee dokee.

Well, apparently folks don't know how to ignore a poster or posts . . . a few are fairly vocal and regularly abusive, while hiding behind their keyboards. One in particular is leery of losing their credibility, (heh heh, famous in their own minds).

Tsk Tsk. Web dude knows on what side their bread is buttered. Sycophants.
I AGREE! Subjective, selective, and autocratic!
The "fairly vocal and regularly abusive" pair are never called out. UNFAIR!

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Florida Phil is not the only person to have been suspended from this forum. Some have had short term suspensions, and some have longer (or, even permanent) ones.

In all those cases, I believe, the offenders were warned several times of the potential consequence if they persisted in their ways. They ignored the warnings, and, surprise, surprise, they were suspended.

Their site - their rules!

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Read the thread that lead to suspension. FP was called "DUMB" and "A SUCKER" . No foul there? No instigating a reaction?

Oh right, "Their site - their rules!"

billryan
Video Poker Master

Post by billryan »

tech58 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:18 am
Read the thread that lead to suspension. FP was called "DUMB" and "A SUCKER" . No foul there? No instigating a reaction?

Where in that thread was phil called either dumb or a sucker. I stated that playing bad games is dumb.
Are you going to argue playing bad games is smart? I didn't see anyone call anyone a sucker? Words matter. Truth matters. If you can't defend your points without resorting to posting untruths, perhaps its because you point was indefensible in the first place.
Webman shut down one thread on the subject. I'm sure he appreciates someone opening another one on it.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

billryan wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:13 pm
tech58 wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:18 am

Where in that thread was phil called either dumb or a sucker. I stated that playing bad games is dumb.
Are you going to argue playing bad games is smart? I didn't see anyone call anyone a sucker? Words matter. Truth matters. If you can't defend your points without resorting to posting untruths, perhaps its because you point was indefensible in the first place.
Webman shut down one thread on the subject. I'm sure he appreciates someone opening another one on it.
No reason to try to defend anything to someone like you. My post contained no "untruths".
Anyone can read your words for themselves in your post 3/31/19 in the thread. The word "dumb" is actually there twice .In reference to who? An intellect question is in there also. In reference to who?

Simply more of the vitriol that you are allowed to get away with. Your reputation precedes you.

End of my participation in this thread.

Webman
Video Poker Master

Post by Webman »

As far as repetition, looking at that one thread I can see why it might look unreasonable. We aren’t talking two or three times. It’s far more than that and it’s grown to be a nuisance. It started with a warning and that should have been enough. That didn’t do it so a brief suspension was added. Nothing permanent. It’s a week off.

Closing topic as suspensions aren’t up for discussion. If you have feedback please email forum@videopoker.con