First time 5-card draw Royal

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Re: First time 5-card draw Royal

Post by olds442jetaway »

:lol:

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

:?
onemoretry wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:52 am
I used to know what CRS means - but I've forgotten it.
Whoever brought up something called CRS? Please elucidate. I googled it and found....nothing.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

tech58 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:54 pm
onemoretry wrote:
Whoever brought up something called CRS? Please elucidate. I googled it and found....nothing.
whoops.
A Founders Two-Hearted Ale,and a Shorts Brewery Pandemonium Pale Ale,and it all came back to me.
Whoever said it burned up brain cells, must have been a Bud Light drinker.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

tech58 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:19 pm
tech58 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:54 pm
onemoretry wrote:
whoops.
A Founders Two-Hearted Ale,and a Shorts Brewery Pandemonium Pale Ale,and it all came back to me.
Whoever said it burned up brain cells, must have been a Bud Light drinker.
Of course that would be a Bell's Two hearted. Sorry.

Carcounter
Video Poker Master

Post by Carcounter »

tech58 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm
Title say's it all. But i love repeating this one.
Razgu on the deal. Drew A-10-J-Q-K of spades.
Since i can't do pics. i will not mention denom. But it was above $1.
I have had two dealt Royals but never this. Anyone else had this hit?
Been away on vacation since April 18th, so just seeing this. I've been playing VP since 1993 and hit my first redraw royal back in March 2019 at the Hard Rock in Tampa. It is quite a shock and makes you look twice to make sure what just happened.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

Carcounter wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:47 am
tech58 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm
Title say's it all. But i love repeating this one.
Razgu on the deal. Drew A-10-J-Q-K of spades.
Since i can't do pics. i will not mention denom. But it was above $1.
I have had two dealt Royals but never this. Anyone else had this hit?
Been away on vacation since April 18th, so just seeing this. I've been playing VP since 1993 and hit my first redraw royal back in March 2019 at the Hard Rock in Tampa. It is quite a shock and makes you look twice to make sure what just happened.
I almost hate to post this ,but Free Play Lady is insisting.

As Yogi would say,Deja-vu all over again. Drawn royal again Mon 4/29.
Just arrived,watching her play free play, i had $40 in machine to hold seat next to her and dealt one hand and looked back at her for a while. Noticed five Throw-aways and hit draw button,looked back at her full- house on the deal and watched her pull a nice ticket. She looked at me and then at my screen jumped and hit me on the shoulder thinking i was playing games and said something i don't remember because i had looked back at a Spade royal not only the same suit as Wed 4/17,but the same card sequence. I write the hand on the back of W2G,s and i still had the first one in my wallet.
Having quit after clearing the machine on 4/17 this was my second hand between royals on the draw!
BTW 30 seconds after my wife woke me up the payoff crew was at my side. They came very close to being the first to spot this.
Sorry again no pics. i couldn't make this up if i tried. Would love to have a framed pair of photo's of these. the W2G's will have to be it.
Our resident math guru's would come up with a very very large number for the odds on this one.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

You better buy a few lotto tickets, way to take em down!

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

wildman49 wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 12:48 pm
You better buy a few lotto tickets, way to take em down!
I Have most of the $2K left. I repeat most. Took a practice run on DW . I hit 4 ducks quite often on JOB, but on dueces? NEVER! Don't play it much.
Your turn WM.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

WTG.....what a great surprise!!! Now do you know what WTG is? Just kidding :lol:

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

olds442jetaway wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 10:56 pm
WTG.....what a great surprise!!! Now do you know what WTG is? Just kidding :lol:
I used to know,but i forgot.
Seriously, the word surprise in your post is something all VP vets could write a book about.
A five-card-draw Royal would certainly be in my book but only tied for first with my most improbable Royal ever.
In 1997,my first year of VP,first VP in Vegas,Sam's Town Boulder,playing quarters, i held 2Q's, QS on left end and QH on right end. Hit draw with my eye on the QH and watched it disappear and be replaced by 10S. Dang malfunction!! Then my eye caught the credit meter and it's running! Maybe a straight right?
Checked and sure enough an A-high straight, ALL SPADES!
That's the easy part to explain. Now the hard part.
Very much a newbie at the time, first Royal,ecstatic,right?
No! My first thought was (hard to admit now) a quote from the tag on all machines,' MALFUNCTION VOIDS ALL PAYS AND PLAYS"!!!
I was sure the machine would lock,the crew would show up,and my $1000 would be reclaimed!
I recently had converted from Blackjack to VP and had zero experience on machines.I didn't know there were malfunctions and then MALFUNCTIONS. I looked around,nothing. Noticed the credits still at 4000 plus. Decided that maybe,just maybe, i was wrong. So i hit the deal button and sure enough it wasn't locked! So i jumped up,hit the cashout button, and got ready to run. Of course you VP vets know what happened next. NOTHING! For me at the time,back to the depths of despair. It's locked i am doomed!
Right?
Wrong!
Why? I challenge the crew to answer that question. First Correct answer wins all the draft craft beer they care to drink (Monday after 6:00 Soaring Eagle,[ $1.25 each after 6:00] ).
Will give answer, after suitable period, only if necessary.