First time 5-card draw Royal

Did you hit any jackpots? Did you get a great comp? We all want to know!
tech58
Video Poker Master

First time 5-card draw Royal

Post by tech58 »

Title say's it all. But i love repeating this one.
Razgu on the deal. Drew A-10-J-Q-K of spades.
Since i can't do pics. i will not mention denom. But it was above $1.
I have had two dealt Royals but never this. Anyone else had this hit?

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

I've actually seen other people do it. Not me, though - that's the one road to a royal that has eluded me.

Just earlier this week I drew a quad on a five card redraw and was pretty happy with that. I imagine you were ecstatic! Congrats.

Tedlark
Video Poker Master

Post by Tedlark »

I personally have not had this happen to me and many congratulations to you for this ultra-rare feat.

tech58
Video Poker Master

Post by tech58 »

onemoretry wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:59 pm
I've actually seen other people do it. Not me, though - that's the one road to a royal that has eluded me.

Just earlier this week I drew a quad on a five card redraw and was pretty happy with that. I imagine you were ecstatic! Congrats.
Ecstatic does get it. Sweeter because i was stuck for 8 Benjamins at the time and down to $200 away from tap-out.
BTW do any of our resident math experts know the odds on that hit ?
I believe a dealt Royal is something like 649,850 to one. What about this one?
My guess would be that it would be the same. RNG running and five cards come out. Just like the deal. Does that make any sense at all? I would call on our resident math. guru's by name but i have terminal CRS.

pokerpokerpoker
VP Veteran

Post by pokerpokerpoker »

Well, the odds of it happening are going to depend on which game you play. I'd imagine it would happen more frequently on a game where you throw away the first 5 cards more frequently - like dueces wild or triple bonus (kings or better). And it would also depend if you tossed a ten.

But anyway, congrats. I've never had a dealt royal (unless on Dream Card) or a redraw royal.

olds442jetaway
Video Poker Master

Post by olds442jetaway »

Congrats. A very nice rare hit. I have had several redraws over the years, but am way down percentage wise on normal deal and draw Royals. I have had several dealt Royals, but am now behind percentage wise by a mile on those too. My last one was a home run that I posted about here a few years ago. 18k on a quarter DDS Deuces wild game. At the time I was using a clone of Martingale and I think I was betting 18 quarters. Again congrats on that hit. Many times at least for me, we are almost daydreaming when these hit as we have just tossed 5 junk cards and are hoping for just a push on the redraw. The only reason I have hit the above is hands is I play between 1 and 2 million hands a year. They have not made me a lifetime winner. Not even close.

onemoretry
Video Poker Master

Post by onemoretry »

Provided that no royal cards were included in the five cards discarded, I believe the likelihood of getting a royal on the redraw is about 1 in 383485. But, I am not a math guru.
Last edited by onemoretry on Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

case
VP Veteran

Post by case »

I have had a royals dealt on the deal and redeal. It happens if you play enough.

JIMDUECE`SWILD
Video Poker Master

Post by JIMDUECE`SWILD »

:-D In my 30 year plus gambling career playing video poker. I have had only 1 dealt royal. That was in clubs.

wildman49
Video Poker Master

Post by wildman49 »

tech58 wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:01 pm
Title say's it all. But i love repeating this one.
Razgu on the deal. Drew A-10-J-Q-K of spades.
Since i can't do pics. i will not mention denom. But it was above $1.
I have had two dealt Royals but never this. Anyone else had this hit?
Had two in 2016. This one on halfs, one on nickles.

Tech your redraw hit on the buffet bar at $2 denom?
WP_20160311_005.jpg